UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New forum member

Old 03-08-2016, 08:26 PM   #1
julianl

Talking New forum member

Hi, the name's Jules. Recently passed my test, well almost a year ago, and am thinking about getting either an M600 or M620. Currently have a Kawasaki GPZ 500S that I'm having a lot of trouble with (it's had a string of negligent owners before me - I've fixed almost all of the issues now but have no love for the bike), a BMW K75C long term project, and a little dirt bike (Honda XR125L) that I rebuild the engine on. Latest problem with the Kawasaki is that the front brake has leaked brake fluid (perished seals) all over the disc, pads, caliper, and wheel - stripping paint as it went because it took me about a week to notice. I have the caliper disassembled, cleaned, painted, and waiting for new pistons. The Honda on the other hand is a lot of fun, if very slow. Recently went motocamping on Dartmoor with it. Good times. Anyway, plan is to fix the Kawasaki, get a new MoT and then punt it down the line, put some extra cash in and get a Ducati Monster because I think they look cool.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:26 AM   #2
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Hi Jules, welcome

Yep, Monsters are possibly the coolest bike ever, the M600 being the coolest of the bunch

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:16 PM   #3
Flip

Bike: M900
Welcome along and good luck in your search when the time comes- there's plenty of information to be had here.

Yep yep yep Monsters simply ooze coolness and always have from way back before naked bikes were fashionable.

However, I disagree with Dirty as it is the 900 which is the King of Cool

Psssst......they're all good really but don't tell- I like a wind up
Old 04-08-2016, 05:25 PM   #4
julianl

Cheers guys, thanks for the welcome