UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello all.....

Old 11-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #1
TonyG

Hello all.....

Hi all,

I may be returning to Ducati, possibly buying a very low mileage M1100s, 2 previous owners, why do all the low mileage ones seem to have 2 owners or more, odd, but probably bought as toys on a whim ?

Last Ducati I had was a 900ss around 1980 !

I'd be grateful for any buying and ownership advice, anything to look out for, etc.. Bike has only done about 1500 miles, and has had 3 services, including belt change last year. I've got to ditch the 2 howitzer sized exhausts, so have been looking at either a set of Arrow or Leo Vince slip ons. Both advertise as needing no ECU remapping, etc., and both are non cat so I guess I'll have to put the originals back on for MOTs.

Anyway, best wishes to you all, from hopefully, a soon to be returning Ducati owner.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #2
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
Don't worry about previous owners. Buy on age, condition and history... Even mileage isn't a real problem as they like to be ridden, not stored.. I've never got the hang up people have about number of owners. Some seem to think a lot of owners shows a car/bike that's had problems, but as you say these are toys to many people.

I'm selling a 5 year old bmw at the moment, I am 4th owner, full main dealer history and 22k mikes. Never had a problem but people are still turning their nose up at 4 owners. Ho hum, go and pay a premium for a 1 owner vehicle then

You will find that problems on ducatis, if any, are random. I dont remember many on here really having problem bikes. Enjoy the hunt.
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:42 PM   #3
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Hi and welcome

MOT with the aftermarket pipes and decats is not a problem. Bikes are not tested for emissions and whether it is too loud is down to the testers judgement so you just need to find a partially deaf one and most of them are

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo View Post
I'm selling a 5 year old bmw at the moment, I am 4th owner, full main dealer history and 22k mikes. Never had a problem but people are still turning their nose up at 4 owners.
Stop moaning, I bid £50 for that

Last edited by Dirty; 11-05-2014 at 12:47 PM..
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:12 PM   #4
cactus

Bike: M900ie
Hi and welcome.
Old 14-05-2014, 07:14 AM   #5
TonyG

Thanks for the replies.

Having a test ride today.