UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi there!

Old 17-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
mrdidlydingo

Hi there!

Having 'accumilated' a 600 monster in three boxes and a bag I thought I best join up here, will be rebuilding the bike over the next couple of months and not having taken it to pieces its going to be a challenge but have already found some useful information on the site.

Anyhow Hello. . !
Old 17-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
boris
More Tools!

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Thumbs up

Welcome and good luck with your project. It's a long road ahead both in and out of the garage, but one that'll be well worth it. The help, guidance and advice at your disposal here is second to none, and is just there for the asking
Old 17-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
don_matese

Welcome, i've had mine in bits more than I can remember (apart from the engine) hope I can help if needed although the others here are far more knowledgeable.
Old 17-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #4
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
I took one to pieces once... but never managed to put it back together again.

I will be of zero help to you, but there are plenty here who will be, so welcome
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 05:26 PM   #5
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Hello and welcome.

I know I am going to enjoy seeing your bike go together on here...keep us posted.

Don't know too much about the 600's myself but as said above there will be no shortage of wisdom on here.

Hope you got it nice and cheap, but I rather fear it may not be a cheap way to get a bike, unless absolutley everything is there and in good nick...I wish you the very best of luck with it though..

Tell us a bit more about the year/model/colours ect...
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 05:53 PM   #6
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Hi Welcome

Sounds like a fun start, good luck with everything. 1 bit of advice, get yourself a comprehensive toolkit like mine

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 06:34 PM   #7
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Three boxes ???

You absolutely sure???

They usually take up four plus those bits in the plastic bags that you put somewhere really really safe.

Dirty, the one at the bottom.. I see it's the model that uses the external; battery pack
Old 17-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #8
popelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Hi Welcome

Sounds like a fun start, good luck with everything. 1 bit of advice, get yourself a comprehensive toolkit like mine

none of these are shown in the my manual, however do you seem to be missing a collection of bent screwdrivers to match these implements
Old 19-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #9
Dennis menace

Bike: Other Ducati
I am just finishing my '94 M600 off after stripping it to get the frame powder coated - too much acid burn on the frame to ignore when I bought it. New parts are easy to get, I recommend Stein-Dinse of Germany, reasonably priced and no hassle. If you get the frame coated or painted don't let them get paint in the swingarm holes like they did on mine! Also, just noticed they covered up the frame number (ouch). Wiring harness MUST be routed correctly before you start fitting other bits - it goes along the mid-line of the frame on the inside. Almost impossible to re-route afterwards. Wiring is shockingly poor so get a new harness if yours is suspect. I can forgive poor wiring and original bolts made of pasta just for the look of the bike.
Dennis menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #10
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Easy, mine came in one huge box, one medium box and a bag one time. Funny you can royal mail a monster

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #11
pompone
MaleDucati

Bike: M900
Hi and welcome, don't listen to Dirty, all what you need is a chisel and a brick
Old 24-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #12
mrdidlydingo

Thanks for the replies its nice to know I'm not the only one who tortures myself with this sort of "project"

Bits are starting to come back from powder and paint and it almost seems that I have everything so guessing I'm going to have to start building it up really frustrating not being able to make up a rolling chassis until my motors built !
Old 24-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #13
mrdidlydingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Hello and welcome.

I know I am going to enjoy seeing your bike go together on here...keep us posted.

Don't know too much about the 600's myself but as said above there will be no shortage of wisdom on here.

Hope you got it nice and cheap, but I rather fear it may not be a cheap way to get a bike, unless absolutley everything is there and in good nick...I wish you the very best of luck with it though..

Tell us a bit more about the year/model/colours ect...

Once I have collected all the bits together I ought to start a thread as although not completely useless its always harder to put something back together when you didnt take it to bits, this is also the first duc I have had anything to do with so there not exactly familiar.

Its a 95 600 monster colour was primarily rust brown and oily dirty black gunge.

The bike was cheap enough and at least this way I get to have it how I want it think I'll have just under 2k in it when finished so more expensive than buying a decent one out of the trader.
Old 24-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #14
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Yes please, a build thread, with lots of pics, and hammers
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2014, 07:17 PM   #15
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdidlydingo View Post
The bike was cheap enough and at least this way I get to have it how I want it think I'll have just under 2k in it when finished so more expensive than buying a decent one out of the trader.
Mmm...Bought a cheapish project last July and have since sailed merrily past the 2K mark...

Looking forward to the build thread.,,
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote