UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » DIT Motorcycles in Sunderland

Old 13-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
Thirdway

DIT Motorcycles in Sunderland

Had my ST4s serviced by Darren at DIT. I had heard a few moans about the place and also many others who seemed very pleased.

As I was stuck for transport back home I asked if it was alright if I pitched up and hung around the unit. He told me I would be bored, but was happy enough to put up with me. He supplied me with a chair and several coffees while he worked.

Personally I have nothing but praise. He did a thorough check of the bike, changed plugs, air filter, oil and filter, belts and rear brake pads, set the chain tension and oiled the chain. The rear brake calipers had been thread locked and so the bolts had to be replaced. He also found that one of the wiring connectors to the CPU had not been sealed. It took over four hours to complete the work.

DIT charged me £346 for this and it includes all the materials and VAT. Belts for the ST4s are expensive at around £126 per set, add oil, filter, washers, brake pads, air filter, plugs and I reckon is pretty reasonable. Plus I'm very satisfied with the care he took.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
Wasta

Bike: M900
Could you post the address please, my 900 will be due a service in the not to distant future.