UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Four wheeled rip off

Old 30-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Gutsy

Bike: M800ie
Four wheeled rip off

Having had a minor scrape against a wall which has left a dent in my car's driver side back fender I have experienced the great insurance rip off in quotes. First quote £320, quote £715.... wtf? I now await, in trepediation, my third quote. Anyone know of an honest panel beater in the Eastleigh area?
Old 30-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
He11cat

Hope your ok .
Someone reversed into my parked car damaged my bumper .... I had to use the insurers approved body work people...... £12 more and my car would have been a total write off for minor damage I could have lived with.
I only claimed as wanted to make the scumbag who hit my car and drove off get lots of crap!
They insisted I needed a whole new bumper ... it was fine when removed.
Because you had to go to their people they basically charged what they wanted.
My damage came to just under £1000 according to them.
Out of interest I took it to someone else to look at and they quoted £200 to fix it and polish it out which was all it needed.
Thats Aviva for you (Then Norwich Union).

Ring round , I actually asked the chaps who Mot my car and they gave me a list to call up
Old 18-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutsy View Post
Having had a minor scrape against a wall which has left a dent in my car's driver side back fender I have experienced the great insurance rip off in quotes. First quote £320, quote £715.... wtf? I now await, in trepediation, my third quote. Anyone know of an honest panel beater in the Eastleigh area?
What your seeing there between the two quotes is probably the difference between using new or secondhand parts - cheap body shops use salvaged parts, not new
Old 19-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
It's because the company will pay them that and more.
Some old school places, sadly I suspect long gone now, would do the general public work at one price and insurance at higher rates. Now it's more screw what you can out of everyone.