UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Bike Reviews :. » Bike Reviews » M1100 » Time to start modding

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #1
MON

Looking good!

A word of warning though, watch that clutch hose as it looks like it's touching the casing. Mine was and the braiding wore right through the laquer and paint down to bare metal. I'm getting a replacement under warranty.

Just in case, I bought some 6mm electrical spiral binding which I've wrapped around it, so it won't chafe any more, as well as having the hose slightly moved away from the casing.
Old 29-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
walpole68

spoiler! its not a F1 car ! or will it be after the winter !
Old 29-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
as if i would
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #4
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

I got 2 pressies today, well 3 really but 2 the same as. My carbon sprocket cover came and very nice too. Its a very nicely made , with a good finish and matches the other carbon finishes on bike. For £39.99 good value.

Bit of camera flash on that last one but it does look good.

And my crash protectors from R&G which are very nicely made indeed. Not keen on the look but a small price to pay in the event of a mishap god forbid.
Got frame and front axle ones.
The frame ones are the aerodynamic new type.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
looking good, send any spare stuff my way mate!!
________
Maine marijuana dispensary

Last edited by uksurfer; 01-04-2011 at 01:03 AM..
uksurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #6
walpole68

Good looking bike.They do look so good in white
Old 14-07-2009, 10:34 PM   #7
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Well today was nearly my birthday as 2 pressies to pick up and still more to come soon.
I picked up my brand spanking new Termignonis and kit all in a nice box in bags which I paid £670 for. A bargain for them and they are now fitted but not the ECU or airfilter. I attempted to see but the limited time I had , it seems its a tank off job. I will get Pro Twins or maybe the local guys in strood maybe .
I also got the carbon fibre headlamp cover on. Ab fab and its a looking better everytime I go in the garage. Now I need that tail tidy.
Im leaving the decibel killers in for now.The looks enough for me at moment.

All of a sudden having one bike is getting easier. I dont have a choice and dont feel guilty .
Old 15-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #8
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Well the rest of the exhaust kit is being fitted this saturday locally down the garage that someone recommended. Pro Team ducati in strood. I take it this is ok as its only exhausts.

I dont really fancy even if I know I can do it , take off the tank and fit new airfilter and ecu for someone to plug the machine in and tweak it. Who designed this bike that needs a tank removing for an airfilter change

Anyhow its good to give some business locally. They wont service bikes under 2 years old for the warranty.
Old 15-07-2009, 05:25 PM   #9
walpole68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Well the rest of the exhaust kit is being fitted this saturday locally down the garage that someone recommended. Pro Team ducati in strood. I take it this is ok as its only exhausts.

I dont really fancy even if I know I can do it , take off the tank and fit new airfilter and ecu for someone to plug the machine in and tweak it. Who designed this bike that needs a tank removing for an airfilter change

Anyhow its good to give some business locally. They wont service bikes under 2 years old for the warranty.
Will run fine without them,all other exhaust run without them! the difference they make is very small but will smooth things out and stop the exhaust from closing.the setup bit is only the throttle position sensor if adjustment is required.oh and dont put the db killers in thats just rude !!
Old 15-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #10
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Yes I probs will whip them out.

I just had an email back from EVOTECH the tail tidy for monster 696/1100. I wasnt sure what you got for your buck and they kindly sent me some pics. Looks a decent job for £80.

I can then spend the saved money on.......................
Old 15-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #11
walpole68

but what are these bits ! where to you buy bits ! did a google search for bits and got rude pictures !! Not sure your bolting those to your bike !
Old 21-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #12
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

two pressies today yayyyy !!!

i may not be best pleased with my predicament but 2 pressies came today. my carbon oil cooler shrouds which i must say very nice indeed. carbon and colour match very good. and also got my tank top sticker m1100s which was lacking from the dp performance upgrade. looks proper job now thats on.

so will be busy putting stuff on soon one handed when bike comes back. they are only waiting for gear lever. i think its coming from moto rapido's.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #13
Snips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
...also got my tank top sticker m1100s which was lacking from the dp performance upgrade. looks proper job now thats on.
Where did you get that sticker from Albie?

I'm peeved I splurged for the DP part and didn't even get a model sticker.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #14
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

I got it from dealer as John ( walpole) told me he had to order his. Around £11- £12
Old 26-08-2009, 07:23 PM   #15
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Next job is Colour changed. With my spare panels Im going to go from pearlescent white and add some colour. I have to eithe keep white in or go radically different and change details on log book. Some of the inspirations are these.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: