UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » What's it got that my 999's not?

Old 25-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
t-ripple-ate

What's it got that my 999's not?

Hello to everyone,
I'm newish to the monster world & to be honest hadn't given them much though.. I had a 888 & a 999 in the shed so was quite happy.. then it happened.
My friend got an S4 with all the bells & whistles on it & i made the stupid mistake of having a shot.
Wrong thing to do..now in my shed sits the aforementioned S4 keeping the 999 company.
But the sad bit of this story is that when i go out to go for a ride guess what comes out.. the poor 999 is getting a complex because its getting ignored..how come these bikes just keep you grinning like a loonie..Ah soon be the weekend again.
Old 26-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
Pomp1

Hi and welcome to the club. The monster is a perfect recipe isn't it? Like you I've owned other SBK Ducati but the Monster was always The One.
Old 26-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
r66bby

went for a ride on my 695 to barmouth and the monster stole the show for looks off people.
Old 26-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #4
MonstaChicky

Yup mine always gets the admiring looks

Tried to persuade my friend who is just getting back into biking to get one but noooo...he went and bought a boring Kwak cos mine isn't "sporty" enough...we'll see...hehe
Old 26-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #5
M900nsterold

Yes, there's something about the Monster. I traded first Monster (a '99 M900) for an ST4 but within a year I was pining for the Monster. Don't get me wrong, the ST4 was AWESOME, but it wasn't as much fun. I think the problem was that the big sports tourer didn't get interesting until it was doing insane speeds and... I guess I'm not insane. So I bought another, older, M900 and the same thing happened to my ST4 as is happening to your 999, ie. it was always left in the garage when I was out having a ball on the 'lesser' machine. In the end (last year) I took pity on the ST4 and sold it. Someone got a bargain there - it was very low mileage - but I'm happy. The Monster does it for me. Hope yours continues to do it for you.
Old 26-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Miss mine awfully, got an old FZR to hack round on till funds improve that's all dialed in nicely and can really hack it with newer bigger toys.. But it's just not the same, the motors all wrong, the handling is sharp and precise but just lacks that depth I got so used to. Certainly doesn't feel like you could do most anything on the bike.
Butttttttttttt at 20 years old all of the clocks still work, can't knock it for that

<< has thing about Monsters and the underwhelming build quality of the clock system LOL
Old 26-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #7
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
I too have a superbike well 748 superbike. Its agile and quick and fun but not as fun as a Monster s4.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #8
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by r66bby View Post
went for a ride on my 695 to barmouth and the monster stole the show for looks off people.
Welshpool to Barmouth? - that will have been a corking ride, even without all the adulation at the end!

xxx