UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » ey up

Old 16-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
longbow

ey up

hello to everybody. i'm a new un. just bought a 2001 s4, full dealer service history looks like new, really enjoy riding it but suppose i'd better stop now, just realised the belts are 2 yrs old and bike was stood for a while, do they really deteriorate so quickly?had a buell cyclone for 6 yrs they have the Kevlar final drive belt with all that torque going on it, not heard any problems with them, stood up for years or with 50k miles on them,better do them anyway, do's anyone know if any of the other monster models top yoke with normal handle bars will fit the s4, or any other way to get proper bars on it. cheers.
Old 16-05-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Welcome and enjoy the club. Were a helpful lot and some bargains to be had if you ask about. I have an s4 but converted to s4r and top yoke off an s2r and s4r fatboy bars. Kits are around £240+ from ducati but I got mine from 2 kind members for £70 total.

Take a look around before you buy and you may be lucky.

Mines a Magners.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
markus

Hello mate - nice to have you on here, it's my understanding that Ducati advise the belts to be changed every 6000 miles or every year, so if it's been two years, regardless of miliage I'd get em done.
Enjoy the monster!
Old 16-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
Bodybag

2 years or 12000 miles, whichever comes first. Thats the service interval for the S4. The belts need to be changed as they tend to deform if left standing for any lenth of time, and because they get bent both ways through the rollers, it creates a lot of flex stress in them. You'll see what I mean when you take the covers off.

Regards,

Phil
Old 16-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #5
dunlop0_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybag View Post
2 years or 12000 miles, whichever comes first. Thats the service interval for the S4. The belts need to be changed as they tend to deform if left standing for any lenth of time, and because they get bent both ways through the rollers, it creates a lot of flex stress in them. You'll see what I mean when you take the covers off.

Regards,

Phil
+1, Like the man said.....................