UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » M600 Dark

Old 22-08-2007, 05:29 PM   #1
PhilLew
600 dark

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
M600 Dark

Hi all,

Just thought I'd better do the right thing and say hello.

I'm new to biking having just passed my DAS at the begining of the summer, started off with an old Honda CB750f, then bought the Monster, just a little one, a 600 Dark.

I absolutly love it, wouldn't go back to a four cyl bike and I'm trying to persuade my wife to give up her Yamaha FZR and get a Monster.

One quick question if I may, my profile doesn't list a county,it says 'not in the UK' now I know Edinburgh is quite far north but come on.....

any idea how I can change that bit as it doesn't come up as an option in the 'edit profile' page.

Thanks

Last edited by PhilLew; 22-08-2007 at 05:36 PM..
PhilLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2007, 06:24 PM   #2
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
Welcome - congrats on the monster - looks cool and a great choice too.

Can't help with the UK thing - I'm in Engand but I can't specify that either
Old 22-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #3
benson

Hi Phil - you'll see that I have chnged your profile to county not listed - I'll invesitgate how to add Edinburgh - forgive my ignorance but which county/area would that be - Lothian? Sorry - geography and I parted company a few years ago despite the fact i used to live in Fife!!!
Old 22-08-2007, 09:03 PM   #4
PhilLew
600 dark

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Hi Benson,

You are correct, Edinburgh is in Mid-Lothian but that isn't an option in the list of counties, Lowlands seems to be the best option, I just can't see how to change it to that. (I probably entered it wrongly when first signing up, sorry)

It's not hugely important but it would make it easier for sombody local to locate me if my 'county' was correct in my profile.

Thanks for your help.

Phil.

Last edited by PhilLew; 22-08-2007 at 09:06 PM..
PhilLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2007, 05:23 AM   #5
squiffything

Welcome Phil and congrats on the purchase and in the best fastest colour too.

There are a few guys and gals on the forum up your way so you should soon find a rideout or two should that be your thing. You and the Misses could also venture south for the Mini-weekender if you fancy meeting up with a few of us check out the thread on here for details. Seeing some of the monsters owned by others on here would soon change her mind into getting one
Old 23-08-2007, 07:05 AM   #6
Chappers

Welcome Phil

My first ever bike was a M600 Dark and she did me proud for just over a year before I sold her and upgraded - superb bike

If you're not already a member join www.ducati-upnorth.com as there's a fair few 'Northerners' on there