UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Bike Reviews :. » Bike Reviews » M1100 » bike appeared yesterday , tested oot the day,,

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
seanylad

bike appeared yesterday , tested oot the day,,

So the braw courier manni I found brocht the bike up yesterday, we ****ed about , drunk some coffee , then unloaded the bike, I gave him money, we shook haunds, he left ,, so ahm giving the bike the once over, as i only bought it on the strength o a pic, and was mighty Impressed, im a clean freak, an this is nae exception, apart fae yer man's choice o chain lube, it's aw place, I use wurth dry lube which a thinks the nuts, but ahll get that sorted next week wi the paraffin an tooth brush, any hoo , that's by the by,,,, first thing I noticed when a wheeled it doon the drive was hoo light it was ,,,,,as I'm stay in at ma maws the noo as ma new hoose is nae ready, and she's nae garage bike is stayin in her gairden under a rain cover 😳, but there's a bit o a 12 point turn to get it turned roundabout , it was like turnin a pushbike, so feckin light .. so nae shot yesterday as I had to go back to work,,, ffs,,,,
the day I'm meant to be going to a tattoo convention, but got word it wisnae that busy, so thought it's rude no too go for a blast, first thing I noticed is the seat height compared to the tuono, ma feet were flat on the ground, nae mair tip toes , no a bad thing , kindled it up an off a went , clutch was fairly light , rizoma rearsets fit me feet position braw, apart fae the clutch an brake pedal , need lifted to suit me, but foot position aw good,,, did think about renthals, but the bar position suits me pretty decent , just enough weight on the front end an a cafe race feel, money saved on buyin coo horn handle bars , nicking through the town, fairly nimble , and given it wee bits o gas , itchin to nail it,,, hud on sean, you'll be on the guide roads soon, up to now it's aw good, get oot the toon, and decide to open it up, ,,, very impressed it's a grunty wee ****e, I was concerned about the95 horses , but was mighty Impressed, it was on the ton in no time , nimble to hit the bends, fairly comfy for a small bike, done 70 miles before I had a stop, pins an needles , but I get that whatever I'm on , on the whole , I've gotta say I'm totally impressed with the bike, I normally change ma bikes in months, but think I'll maybe be keepin this for a guid while , at the end o the day, who needs 190 m ph, that nae one uses , unless their in the pub talkin pish to their mates,,,,, 68 quid fully comp for a real world bike wi stacks o grunt an power ,,, what's no to like,,,, aw ready the money pit has started , belly pan on route , a red and carbon clutch plate, stainless springs and cups,,,, do I really need asv levers, no!! ,,, but their feckin cool, so I'll be lookin at them ,,,,

Only downside up till now,,,, seat crushes nuts,, ,, , 😨