UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Early M900 new clueless owner.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #1
meccano

Early M900 new clueless owner.

Hi,
Long story, but I've recently acquired an early M900.
I've never owned a Ducati and, to be honest, I'm not sure what to do with it - customise it, get it back to standard (as far as possible), use it "as is" or sell it.
It's mostly standard, but someone has chromed the frame and cut the back end of it off. Why??? The engine is painted gold for some unknown reason. It has gold Renthal bars and hideous gold indicators. Carbon front mudguard, side panels and exhaust protectors seem to be the real thing, but the hugger is carbon-look plastic I think. So returning it to standard is the least likely scenario.
Oh, and there's an occasional oil drip which seems to be coming from where the crankcase halves join (engine underside). What have I done???
On the plus side it starts and rides okay and, apart from a cracked headlight glass and a ridiculously small number plate, it should MOT without a problem.
So, prepare yourselves for several stupidly inane questions as I venture into the unknown.
Cheers,
Les.