UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Ooops not a good start to Saturday

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2021, 08:36 AM   #1
Moco1961

Ooops not a good start to Saturday

So fuelled with nostalgia from the Weekender I had resolved that this mornings task was to swap fuel tanks on the S2r from the ethanol ravaged original to the not so immaculate ( but not swollen or displaying a rash ) replacement .

My logic being that the bubbles would eventually morph into pin holes and the thought of unleaded dripping on a hot engine between my legs doesn’t really appeal !

All started well, fuel pump removed,breathers removed and I noted “ furring” in the breather connectors.However the original tank breather connectors were in way better nick than the replacement tank ones so a swap over was obvious . Originals removed and which soon cleaned with a length of wire.

Now all I needed to do was remove the replacement tank breather connectors…..ouch……sheared clean off flush with the tank!
Ideas please !!
My thoughts are to soak area in a release agent and use one of those reverse thread drill bit thingys but all advice welcome.

The good news is the original tank has only a handful of tiny bubbles underneath so that’s now back on and I will use “as is” until the replacement is sorted and long term I bite the bullet and get an alloy one…..what a faff

Bugger !!!

BFA2A7A1-159A-4BC5-8430-F731FC5963CC by Mike OConnor, on Flickr

Breather blocked…..and sheared !

9F896C52-B9AB-49D1-AA56-6E438736CF7B by Mike OConnor, on Flickr

Only a few bubbles…..low risk

3EAE6603-DF74-408F-A14B-A8CC32FDD4CF by Mike OConnor, on Flickr