UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » 1997 M600 gear change lever fouling side stand

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-11-2015, 05:46 PM   #1
sram

Bike: M600
1997 M600 gear change lever fouling side stand

Hi all
Have just joined this forum after recently buying my first Ducati, a 97 M600

I've had it in bits (will post a general 'hello' message later and post some pics and story etc) and am now putting it back together. After taking delivery of it I noticed that changing down to first gear caused the gear lever to hit the spring on the side stand. I've adjusted the gear change linkage as per the owners manual but, in order to get it so that it doesn't foul the side stand, it now sits very high and is uncomfortable to shift up. There's definitely something not quite right with the setup. After doing some googling and searching on various forums it appears that the side stand design changed at some point and I'm wondering if my 1997 model has the correct stand fitted? My one mounts through the same two holes using the bolts that hold the foot peg bracket in place. I note that there's another tapped hole in the engine just to the left of the two foot peg bracket holes, but there's no way the stand is fitting in there.
I know this is a bit unhelpful without pics, I'll try and grab some tomorrow in the daylight and post them up. Just wondered if this was a common issue or if I'm doing something stupid. I've tried putting the aluminium spacers between the engine and stand and the stand and foot peg bracket, but the shifter still fouls either way.

Appreciate any tips

(just searching ebay for stands, my one is this type:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-M60...kAAOSw4UtWSkHv )
sram is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gear lever, gear shifter, hitting, m600, side stand