UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Just joined.tell me what I need to know before buying

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
Drumnagorrach

Just joined.tell me what I need to know before buying

Hi ,I'm new to this.
I quite fancy a change to a monster,I have had Moto Guzzi's for the past decade or so,with a brief affair with an M2 Buell,which I loved to ride, but was so badly designed that it was becoming a liability( you really shouldn't' hang a tuned Sportster engine by its head steady).
So, I assume the performance is similar to my Guzzi Cali at 73bhp, for the 900,what about the liquid cooled bikes ?No doubt they are more agile and lighter than the guzzi.Certainly much better looking.
Any reliability problems or models to avoid ? I remember some criticism of the rear suspension on rough roads, I live in north east Scotland ,and the roads aren't great.
Any one with a monster near AB556ST,who could let me have a look at it ?
How are they to work on ? they look like the belt is easy enough to change,but are there other frequent jobs that are difficult ?
Hope you chaps can share your expertise,I find that there is a load of nonsense bandied about regarding Italian bikes,I for one find the ones I have owned both well engineered,and reliable ,I can not say the same for a good few of the Japanese/ American bikes I have had the misfortune to own over the years .
Cheers
Lee