UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Wiltshire » Popham Motorcycle Megameet Sunday 12th August

Old 05-08-2018, 07:54 PM   #1
Martin Duke

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Popham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Popham's out anyway, this is the reply! We've always had an area outside the main 'classic' bike tent and always attracted lots of nice comments - their loss!

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your email that has been forwarded on to me. The Motorcycle Megameet is for Classic Bikes over 25 years old. We’ve had a few complaints over the last couple of years about people not adhering to this so we are being a bit stricter with it this year.

We would of course welcome you to come along as day visitors and I am happy to send you some complimentary tickets but unfortunately you wouldn't be allowed to display the bikes in the arena.

Kind regards, Gail
I had noticed the change this year - it does look as if a different person is responsible for the organisation. Last year was not so good - we were directed to a Ducati area on the outside of the main arena, unfortunately the designated area was far too small and was partly filled with overspill from the Triumph owners club and difficult to access! The space we used to have
adjacent to the marquee was excellent. Oh well, c'est la vie!

I'll make the two Bristol events this year instead!

Cheers, Martin

Last edited by Martin Duke; 05-08-2018 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: no smilie!
Martin Duke is offline   Reply With Quote