UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Racing » A taster of CK&AK's Anglesey Races.

Old 13-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
BluprintZ

Cool A taster of CK&AK's Anglesey Races.

A brief update on the weekends racing.!
Clint came first in both of his races today and took pole for the first race.
Today was the most brilliant of days, boiling hot and not a cloud in the sky.
The days racing wasn't without drama but once we get the weekend over with, i'll post the rest of the pics, including the ones i'll be taking at tomorrows races.

Last edited by BluprintZ; 16-09-2008 at 04:15 PM..
Old 15-09-2008, 07:13 AM   #2
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
BluprintZ - George - what can I say!
You are one sound guy - thanks so much for the photos, filming - and the hospital visits mate - you are a blinding geezer sir!!

Our weekend went as follows:
Thurs arrived at track late afternoon - force 5 winds, but dry.
Slob arrives soon after - we make camp.

Friday - trackday - dry day (except for a few drops of drizzle in session 2 of the morning). Lots of gearing changes, suspension changes too.

Saturday: Qually - Clint clinches pole, Paul gets 8th on grid in class (15th over all.
Race one: Red flag on 1st lap - Paul down - nasty one - breaks collarbone & off in blues & 2's. Clint wins.
Race 2: Clint wins
Sunday: Update on Paul, Punctured lung to add to injuries - George visits Paul on way to track in the morning.
Clint takes a close 2nd in Race 1, & wins race 2 by a country mile.

Sun eve: we pile into Bangor Hosp on the way home to see Paul - going to be staying for a few days, before he gets transferred to Surrey by ambulance.
Nasty traffic delays on A55 holds us up for a long time.
Home about 12.45 this morning!!

Big 'up' to Slob for all his pit work this weekend - and also to BluprintZ for his generosity - and for being a good mate!

CK
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 08:20 AM   #3
Gilps

Well done on the win guys. That spanner man needs a shave. GWS Bones, that must've really hurt.
Old 15-09-2008, 10:35 AM   #4
BluprintZ

Cool

Thanks to all the Knight Roadrace Team for a wonderful weekend of top class racing.
The weather was brilliant and the atmosphere even more brilliant.
I didn't do very much at all, other than take a few pics and get some footage of the last race, plus Rob was doing a sterling job, so seeing as he has worked with the team before, i though that i would keep out of the way unless asked, too many cooks and all that.
I've done my fair share of motorcycle sports over the years, although never road racing, mainly drag racing, enduro's, motorcross and trials riding.
So, as Charlotte has already mentioned, Clint had a great weekend and poor old Paul had a somewhat painful one.
I popped in to see Paul at the hospital on Sunday morning, before i went back to the track, the hospital is about two miles from where i live.
He certainly wasn't in the mood for Choccies and flowers, or my strange sense of humour, not the best situation to be cracking (sic) jokes, so i had an hour with him and then made my way back to the circuit.
The sight of Charlotte bombing around the paddock on a mountain bike, fag in gob, shall be a sight i shall long remember.
Rob was his usual efficient self and a real gent, it was nice to meet some of the members at last, pity a few more couldn't have attended, it would have been a good weekender but maybe next time.
Thanks again to Charlotte and Alan, Clint and Paul (bones), for a most excellent weekend. xx and x!

(I'm having problems posting the pics in the gallery, so if i don't get anywhere with it by this afternoon, i'll put the links on this page).
Old 15-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #5
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

George - you did more than we could do - in visiting Paul.
He's got dosh with him, and a Fastbike magazine - as well as his wash bag/clothes etc now, tho I know he's appreciate a couple of bike mags (old ones would be fine he said last night!). Watch out - he might tap you up to take his dosh to the shops for food/biscuits as he eats non-stop!!

Give him a big hug from us later when you see him - but not too hard as he had a chest drain put in late last night.

CK
Old 15-09-2008, 07:06 PM   #6
craigie
Only bronze?

Bike: M900
Congratulations all, and commiserations Paul, have had a broken collarbone and a collapsed lung but not at the same time, poor fella.
craigie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 01:36 AM   #7
BluprintZ

Wink Monday evening update!

Popped up to the hospital at 7.00.pm this evening, to check on Paul.
I took last weeks MCN and a couple of various mags for him to while-away the days`n nights.
It appears the nurses are sneaking him in some nice food and sweeties now and then, so he's sorted that side of things out, the jammy sod.
He certainly looked much better tonight than he did when i visited him on Sunday morning, although he's got a drain in now, so he can breath pretty much normaly, although it still hurts if he laughs, so i made him laugh a few times, just for my own entertainment you understand!
He's in good spirits, and we had a good natter about lots of things, for about three hours, don't time fly when your having fun?
He is likely to be in until at least weekend, if not longer but they recon he is pretty fit, so we shall have to see how that one pans out.
If he makes the same progress over the next few days, that he has over the last 24 hours, then he should be out in no time.
Either way, i told him i'll deffo be there on Wednesday evening, so if any of you would like to send him good wishes etc, i'll copy them into a word doc and print them out for him, so make sure you put your name at the bottom of your message.
Tomorrow, i'll put the links up for the 30 or so pics i took at the circuit, so have a gander if you so wish.
Old 16-09-2008, 06:32 AM   #8
slob

Thanks George, you're a star.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 07:13 AM   #9
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

George - you are a star mate!

There are good wishes messages here on the ISC site too mate: http://www.italiansportingclub.co.uk...s.asp?TID=1914

and here:
http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/thu...-sep-08-a.html

Last edited by CK & AK; 16-09-2008 at 10:36 AM..
Old 16-09-2008, 08:37 AM   #10
Dementor

GWS Paul.

R&S
Old 16-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #11
BluprintZ

Smile

Something i forgot to mention on last nights update on Paul.

Charlotte has mentioned that he may be transferred to the Surrey Hospital at some stage.
When i asked him about that last night, he said that they were concerned that if they moved him before the drain wound healed, there could be the possibility of infection setting in.
So he thinks that if he does end up in the Surrey Hosp, it would be more likely to be later on for recuperation, rather than on-going medical care.
He feels that from what the staff have said to him, they would much prefer him to stay in Bangor (ysbyty gwynedd), until he's pretty much mended, they don't see the point in moving him if there's no need to.
Old 16-09-2008, 10:10 AM   #12
slob

...apart from the fact his GF and family are over 250 miles away.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #13
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
...apart from the fact his GF and family are over 250 miles away.

and thats the nub of it really - Pauls parents are in their very late 70's and within a 20 min drive of Royal Surrey (if they drove up it would take them most of one day alone to get there), all his mates are local - and Vicki & the rest of the family too.
George - you are doing a sterling job on your own to keep Paul entertained mate.
We just feel so agonised that we cant pop in to see him

I've just spoken to him on his bedside phone (flipping rip-off prices that is!!) and he seems in good spirits, despite all his right side ribs being broken & a couple of cracks on the left hand side.

Paul - when George has printed this off, there are many wishes on other forums too (ISC, DSC, MotoForum, Ducatisti etc) and when we left the track, and I've had many phone calls as well mate.
As far as I remember they have come from (in no order)

Terri (assembly angel)
Hoylsey
Rattler
Bradders
Ozz
JerryXt
Ghost
Dave & Bernie Stewart at Thundersport (phoned again this morning asking for update)
Red Ruth
Henners
Nick B34
Lily
Freak
Chass
TP
SharpyG
Senna & Trudi
Butch
Dave Pratt
Clint & Lorraine
Psychlist
Stray Cat (Brenda & Everton)
Ducbird
Andy Shep
Nelly
Roy & Sandra
Steve Joy
Daniel Hopkins in Junior Powerbikes
Tony Coombes family
CK's bruvs (all now back in UK as of yesterday)
Ali Knight (AK47)
Dseered

Last edited by CK & AK; 16-09-2008 at 11:12 AM..
Old 16-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #15
Spanner

Those mountain bikes are dangerous things Paul. You should take up a more sedate hobby!! Get well soon fella. I'll pop round next week and dig you in the ribs!!