UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Racing » 2007 Race dates for DD racers & supporters

Old 21-01-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
2007 Race dates for DD racers & supporters

Provisional Calendar:

14/15th April: Brands Hatch: Ducati racing on the SUNDAY only - 4 DD races (2 x 620 & 2 x 593)
20th May: Mallory Park - I think some monster owners should know where that is!
8/9/10th June: Assen: Trackday Fri, qualifying Sat, race on the Sunday
7th July: Oulton Park
28/29th July: Castle Combe
12th August: Donington Park
1/2nd Sept: Snetterton (PD, dont you dare miss this one!)
6/7th Oct: Cadwell Park

With the 2 day meetings (apart from Castle Doom which has one race each day ) it is expected that one day will have 2 non-qualifying races & the other the 2 qualifier rounds.

More info:

Class A is for 620's. Injection is free, some mods can be done to bike (adding bits & bobs like fairngs/clip-ons, rear sets etc), but engine must not be modified - like porting/polishing etc
Most riders are not novices in this class.

Class B is for 583's (or you might call them 600's). Engines must be std. Fairings/clip-ons/rears sets are all added if wanted.
This class is designed for the novice rider, tho some who did last year (and maybe the year before) have now lost those orange novice bibs having done more than 10 races in total.

Both classes have to run Pirelli Diablos - just the std ones, not Corsas etc.

Last edited by CK & AK; 10-05-2007 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: updated info.....
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
benson

Note to self - get arse in gear and go watch this year instead of saying you'll go and watch - getting diary and on call dates now!
Old 21-01-2007, 08:44 PM   #3
scrumpster

Think a trip to Castle Coombe could be on the cards again, but this time I will not fill up with Diesel on the way back and possibly a couple of others although everytime I go to Brands it seems to persist down!!!
Old 16-02-2007, 12:54 PM   #4
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Update: see first post - racing for the Ducati's in on the Sunday only at Brands - as well as the British 125 & 250 rounds - and several other races
Old 16-02-2007, 01:05 PM   #5
Gilps

I stronlgy recommend that you don't go and spectate. I went along to Donnington as Zimbo's guest, and the next thing I know, I've got a race bike, it's being shipped to Spain for 3 days testing on Sunday, and I'm going racing this year. So don't turn up to watch. It's just too much fun, and I really don't need any more competition. The sight and sound of all those Monsters and SS's screaming round the track is awesome and the racing is real tight.
If you do insist on coming along, remember to shout "Go 22, Go 22".
Old 16-02-2007, 01:26 PM   #6
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilps View Post
I stronlgy recommend that you don't go and spectate. I went along to Donnington as Zimbo's guest, and the next thing I know, I've got a race bike, it's being shipped to Spain for 3 days testing on Sunday, and I'm going racing this year. So don't turn up to watch. It's just too much fun, and I really don't need any more competition. The sight and sound of all those Monsters and SS's screaming round the track is awesome and the racing is real tight.
If you do insist on coming along, remember to shout "Go 22, Go 22".
you clown

am so looking forwards to it already, shame they dont have the SV's there too.

C
Old 16-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #7
benson

All being well I'll be there on the Sunday at Brands with my thermos!!! Which number will I be shouting for Gilps???
Old 16-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #8
Gilps

Quote:
Originally Posted by benson View Post
All being well I'll be there on the Sunday at Brands with my thermos!!! Which number will I be shouting for Gilps???
Here, let me write it down for you. ITS No. 22. You should be able to spot me. I'm planning on starting from the back and defending my position strongly. I'm so excited, and so bloody scared.
Old 16-02-2007, 07:19 PM   #9
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilps View Post
Here, let me write it down for you. ITS No. 22. You should be able to spot me. I'm planning on starting from the back and defending my position strongly. I'm so excited, and so bloody scared.
Good choice of number

Looks the same upside down
Old 16-02-2007, 07:25 PM   #10
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins View Post
Good choice of number

Looks the same upside down
69 was already booked (and Eric loves his number! )

Check out also #66 (class A) & #39 (class B) for those who havent been before - they will be either on track or parked out/in our gazebo
Old 09-05-2007, 09:18 PM   #11
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Next round coming up.......

Boing - just a reminder that the travelling circus (also known as the Desmo Due race series ) will be at Mallory in about 10 days time - Sun 20th May.
Already had a couple of PM's - and looking forwards to catching up with new (and old ) faces! - just excuse us if we are a little rushed off our feet at some points tho

C
Old 09-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #12
benson

Won't make Mallory I'm afraid (gardening and drinking duty with Nonnie) - or Assen, but I hope to be at a fair few other ones!! Hope it's a great event - I loved Brands.....
Old 10-05-2007, 06:32 AM   #13
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

What, no tea? Again? Or Brolly Dolly? How will we cope???
See you at the next ones then Benson, enjoy . . . .
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:21 AM   #14
benson

well I still have my tea bags so watch out - you never know - and this time I'll have found you in time to put the kettle on and get my brolly out - that ought to clear the track!!!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 01:14 PM   #15
queen_gpants

Can't make mallory but we will definitely be at Donington in August and we will come and find you all this time!