UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Wannabe (desperately) Monster owner

Old 09-07-2008, 09:29 PM   #16
boris
More Tools!

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Unhappy Oh Dear,

It's a shame that I'm at the other end of the world as my beautiful baby has to go very soon.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cairngorm Sep05 6.jpg (31.4 KB, 40 views)
Old 10-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #17
adam15

welcome to the site.
The insurance, dispite it being rather high is about right for your age especially as you have No NCD but if you can afford to do it the second year will probably be a good few hundred cheaper. There is something about ducati's being rather more expensive with insurance companies even the old ones.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #18
Stylet

Hi again and thanks for the feedback.

I have looked into it a bit more and used a couple of the online comparison websites. They have a variety of options which apply to my type of license as well as letting you know at the end which brokers do not insure you and why.

On average, it's around £300 which taking into account everything I think is a fair price. Hopefully with no claims throughout the first year (and being a year older) it's going to decrease further.

All that's missing is the bike now :-).
Old 06-11-2008, 08:49 PM   #19
Stylet

Smile Hello again!!

I'm back to ask for some more help....but I have made a lot of progress!

I have completed and passed the test for my license. More importantly I 've put down a deposit today for an 04 reg 620ie!

I am picking it up on Saturday. Have looked at the bike today and so far I am quite happy with what I have seen. It comes with FSH, 4100 miles, one owner, there's not a single scratch on it, basic electrics seemed to work fine and when we started it and revved it up it sounded very healthy. On the whole the bike looks "clean" and well looked after.

Still being very new at this and unfortunately crap when it comes to mechanic/engine aspect of the bike, I would like some advice on what to include in my final check list on Saturday. Feedback will be greatly appreciated and in return I will put photos on the site asap of my new love .

P.S : Needless to mention that since I left the dealer's I am one of the candidates for Colgate's "Smile of the year" award.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #20
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Even though it's low milage & has FSH, find out exactly when belts were last changed. If it's been standing un-ridden for a while they may well need doing again? Should be swapped at 12000 miles or 2 year intervals.

Good luck with the bike & post some photo's
Old 07-11-2008, 07:58 AM   #21
ton_up

If you want a 620ie my ex is selling my 03 bike in the spring (or possibley sooner). It's red and has been well looked after and loved dearly, goes well! It's got Remus cans on it but he has the standards too. Good Luck
Old 10-11-2008, 11:17 AM   #22
Stylet

Here's my new pride. Better pictures to follow once the weather improves.
Very very happy and looking forward to meeting members of the board. Thanks for all your help so far and please keep the advice coming.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01579.jpg (28.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01588.JPG (28.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01590.JPG (28.4 KB, 26 views)
Old 10-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #23
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Looking good. Now buy the poor baby a cover if it is to live outside. A nice fleecy one!

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #24
Stylet

Thanks Nonnie. Did that before I picked up the bike as it was pouring it down on Saturday.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:14 PM   #25
david brent

looking good Stylet, i've been riding my 05' 620ie since May, and i've been loving every minute of it...
Old 10-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #26
Rudeboy

Good lookin bike Stylet. Get yourself the rear seat cover and it'll be all set !!

Welcome aboard !!
Old 10-11-2008, 06:19 PM   #27
paul33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylet View Post
Did an online quote with bikesure.com and came up with £300 approx. which I think is reasonable. Moreover it lists EU/EEC licenses as on option.

Has anybody had any experience with them?
hi and welcome yes im with them been with them 2 yrs now and had no probs at all my 750 is £138 a yr wich i think is ok
and your bike looks a good en happy riding and go steady

Last edited by paul33; 10-11-2008 at 06:28 PM..
Old 11-11-2008, 09:00 AM   #28
Stylet

Thanks everybody. Forecast for next 4 days says dry weather, can't wait!