UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Bikesure.

Old 04-01-2024, 06:16 PM   #1
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Bikesure.

You've probably noticed a new ad on the page header?
This is our first advertiser as an independent club, free from DOC. Ducati's ads have expired now and will all disappear shortly.

I've been insured with Bikesure for a year now and have taken out my first multi bike policy in many years.
It's always a 'mare renewing and it wasn't much fun trying to find a company that understood my needs. Bikesure was such a breath of fresh air when I spoke to them and finding the right policy was easy.
I was surprised to find that the renewal a month back was a little less than before and once again, easy to deal with and none of this auto-renew nonsense.

I've discovered they even have a club liaison officer who also turns out to be very pleasant to deal with and commissioned the ad on our forum. I think he may be along on here before long to answer insurance questions and help out. That's above and beyond what I've experienced with insurance companies in the past.
They're Norfolk based too.

You can click on the banner to link to their site.
Old 04-01-2024, 06:21 PM   #2
Nasher

Bike: M900
Good job Sir G.

I too have a multibike policy with Bikesure, and although I've never had to make an actual claim to test them, they have always been helpful at renewal time, and helped me sort out the mess of my non-fault accident last year.
Old 04-01-2024, 07:55 PM   #3
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I also use Bikesure, the 900 is on TPFT as it’s effectively off the road at present, fully comp on the 1200R, the premium for which dropped by 40% over the previous year, which wasn’t exactly expensive anyway
Old 04-01-2024, 08:06 PM   #4
Ron1000

Bike: M1100evo
Another bikesure member here. My triumph premium has dropped by about 20% for this year. Lovely.

Can anybody explain the in’s n out’s of a multi bike policy?

Like can I move bikes over one at a time when the renewals come up?

What if I need to split them and move to another company! is it a NCB on one bike I choose or can I declare it on all three? What happens to my current NCB’s when I move over? Do they have you over a barrel at renewal because it’s harder to split and move.

Etc etc etc.

Thanks guys.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 09:02 PM   #5
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

If we're all already with Bikesure they'll be wanting their money back for their advert!

Hopefully Nick from Bikesure will be along in the next few days to answer your questions Ron.
I think you can only use your ncd on one bike, hence why I went multi-bike.
Old 05-01-2024, 03:46 AM   #6
Leamreject

I’ve been with Bikesure for years with multi-bike and individual bike policies, thankfully I’ve had no reason to change as their renewal is always simple without being a shock.

Cant say the same about Carol Nash who auto renewed a policy without my permission and then refused to refund me. Thankfully Norwich Union did after listening to the transcript where I clearly said I wasn’t renewing the policy with them.
Old 05-01-2024, 01:07 PM   #7
Stinger101

Bike: M1200s
Thanks Gazza, I've been with Bikesure on a multi bike policy for 5 years I think. I had to make my first claim since 1998 2 years ago and they were a total breeze to deal with. I was quite stunned to be honest how easy they were with me, and unsurprisingly, I'm still with them!
Stinger101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 03:27 PM   #8
jakefh

+1 with Bikesure!
jakefh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 05:20 PM   #9
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Positive comments 're Bikesure.
I'm looking to move my motorbike policy as the present provider has moved the goal posts. Will give them a call.
Old 08-01-2024, 08:03 AM   #10
dunf

Bike: M1200s
just a caution about multi-policies. I used to have many different policies all running in parallel (classic, modified, modern etc) and they've evolved into multi's and split multi's over the years. Some time ago I embarked on a six wheel policy with Carole Nash (car and bikes). Ran this for a couple of years then predictably the price hiked up so I split it back out and went elsewhere. I had entered the six wheel policy with 15 years NCB on car and 15+ NCB on bikes. Carole Nash would only give me proof of NCB for one or the other to exit the policy. Not both. Effectively lost all my NCB (on the car - was the least impact).

Also boils me up when i have 15 years NCB, then take out a policy with a company that sets max NCB at say - 9 years. Fine for discount purposes, no issue. But then 9 becomes the new 'truth'. Then the following year you only get 9 to carry on elsewhere. Meanwhile if you are unlucky to have a claim, your 9 drops to 5 etc. I'm in a position now where i've been claim free on bikes for 23 years, yet only have 9 yrs NCB?

I genuinely dread and detest the annual rigmarole to sort all the vehicle insurance out. Without fail there are always errors on the statement of fact after the transaction, which I think they do on purpose as a get out clause if you don't notice them, or as an easy excuse to hike the price a little to if you do notice.

finally - NCB for a car only counts towards cars. No discount when taking out a bike policy etc. Yet if you have a claim on the car, ALL your NCB is affected for all your policies! I've NCB on commercial van, car and bikes. 8 policies in total. ALL policies have been subject to increased premiums from an accident in my van a couple of years ago. (non-fault - i was sitting stationary). How is that fair? I didn't get any reduction in my bike or car premiums because I had van NCB.

monday rant lol. I'm sure bikesure are great.
dunf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 12:31 PM   #11
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
I know exactly your pain, I was stupid enough to insure my daughter as a named driver on a Honda Jazz (first car for her) and she had 2 accidents in 2 years my NCB went on both the other family cars (insured elsewhere). Similarly on my ZX9R I switched from Swinton to Bennetts carrying over 9 years NCD, three years later I switched from Bennetts to Bikesure and Bennetts would only provide proof of NCD for the three years I was with them. Oh and Bikesure then would not allow me my motorcycle NCD because of the car accidents and demanded an almost doubling of the premium
There is definitely an arrangement for disclosing NCD information between companies and for exploiting the situation.
My son recently received a demand for a further £200 (taken automatically from my card) because there had been an accident registered to an insured person at the home address despite the fact that I had taken my name off the list of named drivers so that he was the sole driver with 2 years NCD. We had to threaten them with the insurance ombudsman in order to get them to refund the money
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 04:23 PM   #12
jerry
Old Git

Im currently having a big fight with LV over my motorhome ,, 2 no fault incidents both investigated by police who say im clearly the victim in both cases , but LV are in cahoots with insurers of one of the drivers who Hit me and denies the accident and LV are blaming me for it all ???!!!!!!! Im liable to lose 29 years unblemished NCD , I have the ombudsman involved now , its very stressful ....and may affect my bikes renewals too????

also Even if Ombudsman rules in your favour the Insurance companies can ignore the rulings ,, saw this recently with Banking Ombudsman and HSBC