UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Ducati in Norfolk

Old 23-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
gremlin

Thumbs down Ducati in Norfolk

Heard a whisper this morning that the new Ducati dealer in Norfolk will be Seastar, who at the moment are Kawasaki dealers. At the risk of having my wrist slapped by moderators don't go there!! They are awful. We are pretty sure they bent the Fazers wheel when we went in to have tyre done and we had to replace it cos it was so badly flattened: I'm gutted cos I really don't want to use them ever again. We've been really disapppointed with them and so have many others around here.
Old 23-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #2
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
There were a few mutterings in the same vein (unhappy ex-customers) , when this info about them being an approved dealer came to light on the DSC forum in January

The mechanics will all have to go on the Ducati training courses - which are updated regularly tho, so things might be turned around?

C
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
gremlin

It's their attitude too, when we tackled them about our wheel their attitude was "so what, must have already been bent" Said wheel had been recently cleaned, and been down the A11 at silly speed half an hour before. After Seastar there was a flat patch which when the wheel got to that point on the rim it fell over. No tyre would have stayed on that rim it was out by an inch. I doubt all the Ducati training in the world will cure that sort of attitude.
Old 24-02-2007, 10:46 AM   #4
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Yikes! Where did you hear this nugget from? That wasn't in my game plan...

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 10:50 AM   #5
emily's driver
Full Metal Tea Bag

Bike: S4Rs
I hope there is no truth to this rumour as it takes a long time to build up customer loyalty and but a few moments to destroy it which it appears they have done. I remember going in there a few years back before I had even started buying Ducatis and was not impressed with their customer service when I was looking to buy a new bike. They were not approved Kawasaki dealers then either and in addition had a pretty poor reputation even then. Interestingly this is not the first case I have heard of them damaging someone's bike. I would rather take my new bike to someone with a proven track record (especially in Ducatis) than entrust it to anyone else. Saying that let's hope if this materializes they proves us all wrong. Norfolk needs another Ducati dealership.
Old 24-02-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
This was mentioned on the 'other side' (DSC) back in January, with not a lot (ok, none) good feedback.

This link might be worth peeps having a look through if you are new to Ducati's, tho Veloce have gone - and I dont think that Pegasus are a service centre (tho am sure Crust will be along to confirm the latter)

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=41572
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #7
gremlin

Bob Clarke in Wymondham used to do Ducati servicing but don't know if they still have the same staff, they would be worth a ring. I wouldn't trust Seastar for anything. I was hoping CJ Ball or Tinklers or even Dave Barkshire were going to take up the baton for Ducati, instead they've picked a company with a really bad reputation. If I need anything that his nibs can't do I'll go to James or Sam at BDK racing in Ashwellthorpe. I may have to wait a while but at least I know that my bike will be safe and I won't get ripped off. Hopefully I won't have to go elsewhere cos himself used to be pit crew for a racing team in his yoof so there's not much he can't fix thank goodness. He cut his teeth on RD LCs and up till he had the Fazer he did all his own stuff. I guess Gremlin is like a step back for him, the Fazer's all electrics and computer bits. At least she's keeping his hand in so to speak.
Old 24-02-2007, 03:42 PM   #8
Bodybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
Bob Clarke in Wymondham used to do Ducati servicing but don't know if they still have the same staff, they would be worth a ring. I wouldn't trust Seastar for anything. I was hoping CJ Ball or Tinklers or even Dave Barkshire were going to take up the baton for Ducati, instead they've picked a company with a really bad reputation. If I need anything that his nibs can't do I'll go to James or Sam at BDK racing in Ashwellthorpe. I may have to wait a while but at least I know that my bike will be safe and I won't get ripped off. Hopefully I won't have to go elsewhere cos himself used to be pit crew for a racing team in his yoof so there's not much he can't fix thank goodness. He cut his teeth on RD LCs and up till he had the Fazer he did all his own stuff. I guess Gremlin is like a step back for him, the Fazer's all electrics and computer bits. At least she's keeping his hand in so to speak.
Does that mean we can all come to yours for service work now?
Old 24-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #9
gremlin

Darlin if there was room in our garage and he had Ducati training that would be cool! At least you'd get coffee and biscuits while you're waiting. As it is in our garage we have: an MG TF replica (my baby pre bike) a Vmax in bits, our stepsons MT50 mud bike, my beasty, his Fazer, all his work tools, and gawd knows what else. He nags about getting rid of Jazzy (MG) but she's my back up for when I'm too crocked to ride.
Old 24-02-2007, 07:20 PM   #10
johnnystorm

Hmm, not inspirational news.

Luckily my Gf has moved to essex so parkinson's are just down the road. Will get services done when visiting.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:25 PM   #11
gremlin

have heard today (maybe just hear say) that chris the mechanic at veloce may be the service engineer at seastar.....

dont shoot the messanger boy (girl)..
Old 02-03-2007, 08:30 PM   #12
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
In THAT case I shall buy the messenger girl a drink! Now that WAS in my game plan! hurrah!

Ducati in Norfolk is saved if this is true. As bad a reputation that Seastar have, I would entrust my bike to Chris anyday.

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6

Last edited by Nonnie; 02-03-2007 at 08:37 PM..
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:44 PM   #13
neilbaldry

well i need my 6000 mile service in about 800 miles time. and i really dont wantg to take my pride and joy to those cowboys! i did a little t'interweb search and found a garage in St. Neots. its a Suzi, Honda and Duc dealer. anyone know if they are any good? and while im on the subject. what sort of price would a 6000 mile service be?
Old 02-03-2007, 10:50 PM   #14
Scotty

a million dollars

or

http://www.ducatiglasgow.co.uk/service/default.asp

£250 ish
Old 02-03-2007, 11:04 PM   #15
neilbaldry

guarenteed sea star would charge more. all of their prices are inflated.

cheers for the link scotty. i had better start saving!