UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi from Catfield

Old 11-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
Stued

Hi from Catfield

Hi All, I have to say what a great site!!

Name: Stu, my mother is the only one to call me Stuart, and only when i'm in the poop!! - long name I know........
Age: old enough to have drunk beer, drive cars, ride bikes (I remember when my brother bought a Honda SS50 new), procreate and get bored... then I found bikes again and overdosed on them!!

In Catfield, near Great Yarmouth

Amongst others I have a 96 Monster M600, was bought originally as the first big bike for my partner, but we jumped the gun a bit and bought it before she passed her CBT, which didn't happen due to a rather obnoxious trainer, he was a bit of a D**k and put her off riding bikes (but she loves the pillion). so for a while the Monster has been a permanent resident of the bike shed (5 years!), although the shed has changed, even built a new shed around her last year. Anyways spending a lot of time in the garage right now with the Monster getting her ready for the road, the site has been invaluable, lots of information, I think the only search I haven't done yet (its still to come) is tyre pressures.

I only meant to say "hello"
Old 11-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
Hello and welcome...

Oh, and the owners manual says for M600, front 2.1 bar, rear 2.3 bar, so no need to do that search now
Old 11-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Hi and welcome,

sounds like we need a fish and chip run soon!
Old 11-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
Mohawk

Just a long the road from you Stu, sure to meet up sometime. Yeah Grumpy a run to the coast would be good. Orford Ness direction is good, some fab roads
Old 11-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Welcome along at last then I guess. Hope you will be happy on here as most of us are.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #6
He11cat

Welcome , from Suffolk .
Yes Mr Grumpster I feel a Southwold coming on !
Is ok there as my friends other half is the local Bobby there!
Old 13-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #7
Stued

Thanks for the responses folks, still trying to iron out the little issues with bringing a monster out of 5 years hibernation, so might be a little while before she makes it to a meet
Old 02-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stued View Post
due to a rather obnoxious trainer, he was a bit of a D**k and put her off riding bikes "
Hello Stu

The Stalham, Potter, Sea Palling area was my old stamping ground, and I know Catfield well.

The Maids Head in Stalham was the center of the Universe at one time. Proper bikes used to pour in from all over..Triumphs and Beezas..Ducatis were only dreamed of..!

The Music Bar at Potter was another hub..I remember admiring a pair of immaculate Tridents that used to turn up there....Palled up with the owners, but never managed to blag a ride..Never managed to own a Trident since either.

Regarding the "D**K", I worked with a "D**K" at Windboats in Wroxham, he was an engineer who claimed also to be a motorcycle instructor and he came form out your way..Just wondered.?

We will meet..

Cheers

Gazza
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #9
Pomp1

Hi and welcome!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #10
Stued

Thanks again for the responses,
Mr Gazza, the D**k was in Aberdeen, arrived in Catfield about 2 years ago, and the Monster is now throwing tantrums, should have shown her some TLC over them five years, although she did have a blanket!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #11
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Oh ! I see...So not a local lad then..

I keep looking at a Monster advertised near Aberdeen, but it's just WAY too far to go and look.

Sorry to hear your bike is playing up...Anything we can help with?

Cheers

Gazza
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #12
wendy lea

if you can get to Ipswich and persuade her in doors to give it another go, Go and see Matt at camrider , he's very patient and a bloody go bloke to boot, worth a go maybe ( he's a big cuddly bear of a man, just don't say I said that about him)