UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » National Events » Weekender Archive » Monster Weekender 2009 » Monster Weekender 2009!!!!

Old 28-11-2008, 05:58 PM   #46
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
cough cough....

thread hijack etc...

cough cough

It's all too easy to isn't it?!

Back on track then, might I suggest we use the restaurant we did this year for the National Rideout as either the Saturday or Sunday lunch venue again? - the food was spectacular - who can forget those five puddings on one stone slab - yummy!

xxx

Old 28-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #47
SazzaG

Mmm, five puddings.....

Old 29-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #48
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
One option discussed this May was to use Arrow Mill for the Sunday lunch stop. This would allow national rideout to start/finish at the mill, and make it easier to arrange a plan 'B' on Sunday if the weather is rubbish.

I quite fancy pub we used this year on Sunday for the Saturday ride

Puddings were 1st class
Old 29-11-2008, 12:40 AM   #49
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins View Post
One option discussed this May was to use Arrow Mill for the Sunday lunch stop. This would allow national rideout to start/finish at the mill, and make it easier to arrange a plan 'B' on Sunday if the weather is rubbish.
Initially I was against that idea (after all, the point of a ride-out is to go somewhere, right?) but the more I think about it, it sort of makes sense...

• as you say, if the weather is poor, we don't all get soaked going out to lunch.

• as a thought, we could always do the Hog Roast on the sunday lunch time as the main meal - mmmmm, roast lunch! And the 'Gala Dinner' menu format for the Saturday night?

• the bike show/competition could now be moved to after lunch (time to digest while we ogle the machinery), which means there is less of a rush to count the votes etc - easing logistics. It would also mean that late comers get a fair chance of being included in the competition too?

• If the National Ride-out were to start around 10.30-11am, that would still give us a good 2.5 hours before we'd need to be back for lunch? Anyone not fancying a really early morning to get to the Mill for the start, could hook up with us along the way?

The only downside with starting the National Ride-out earlier is that not everyone might be there for the start? However, I would hope they would all be there either along the way or at the finish - for the big finale and feed! Then the bike show/competition in the afternoon...

What do you think?

xxx

ps. agreed with this year's Sunday pub for Saturday lunch...

Last edited by JMo; 29-11-2008 at 12:43 AM..

Old 29-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #50
Catspoon

At the very real risk of reveling myself to be the village idiot, where's Arrow Mill? I can't find any location information and I'm guessing it's Warwickshire.

If I'm right then I think you can count my 750 to be present and correct sir.

Old 29-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #51
SazzaG

You're absolutely right!

See you there!

Old 29-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #52
alreadyinuse

how much does it cost roughly?

just stuck it in aa route planner .
354.5 miles most of it motorways journey time 6hrs 12min.
or 351.4 miles of A61 A38 journey time of 9hours 14 min.

6 hours on the motorway at bank holiday time on an unfaired bike ain't my idea of fun.

either way i'd be a sweaty blob

Last edited by alreadyinuse; 29-11-2008 at 10:28 PM..

Old 30-11-2008, 06:54 AM   #53
JMo

For any other village idiots...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catspoon View Post
At the very real risk of reveling myself to be the village idiot, where's Arrow Mill? I can't find any location information and I'm guessing it's Warwickshire.

If I'm right then I think you can count my 750 to be present and correct sir.
Google is a wonderful thing!

www.arrowmill.com

xxx

Old 30-11-2008, 05:34 PM   #54
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Bike: M620
i have had the best idea ever!!!!!

how about running the track day on the weekender weekend!!!!!!!!

im goin to be paying about £200 on ferry so too make it a weekend to remember how about makin it a full one!!!

sure it will be more expensive in one go but not in the long run, plus im sure it would make people more inclined to come from afar which is the point is it not??

drunk:
Northern Irelands answer to common sense-NORTHERN IRELAND REP!!
Old 30-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #55
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky View Post
how about running the track day on the weekender weekend!!!!!!!!

im goin to be paying about £200 on ferry so too make it a weekend to remember how about makin it a full one!!!

sure it will be more expensive in one go but not in the long run, plus im sure it would make people more inclined to come from afar which is the point is it not??
Hee hee - it's a good idea Ricky, but the problem is most of the weekender bods are not really track-day types - hell, it's hard enough getting them out of the bar to go on a rideout! x

Also, the cost would be hard to swallow in one hit (although I know what you're saying - in for a penny, in for a pound)...

To be honest it is far more of a laugh to do something like Mini-motos (my vote for 2009 btw.) as it is much more social, and a lot less likely to end in tears - Nonnie not withstanding of course... x

xxx

Old 30-11-2008, 06:22 PM   #56
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
The only problem with mini moto is some people are just too big or cannot bend into the right position. At least karting can fit anyone. Although the organisation of the track last year was great (as it was the first time) the 'racing' that is the real reason so many people take part (admit it) was missing. I don't know what the answer is but I would really love to kart on a track that allowed for overtaking, ability and fun, not just karting for the sake of it.
One answer would be the multi activity idea like a couple of years ago (but a pain in the farse) Although the silly little track was lapped in 12 seconds, because of the kidney bean layout, the hill and the technical effort 'racing' on that track would be a hoot. So many different lines to choose, fast or defensive, i'm not saying go back there, but the track is key to any race.
Old 30-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #57
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo View Post
To be honest it is far more of a laugh to do something like Mini-motos (my vote for 2009 btw.) as it is much more social, and a lot less likely to end in tears - Nonnie not withstanding of course... x

xxx
Eeeeh I lurve mini moto, gets my vote! And I never cried.

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Old 30-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #58
JMo

I agree with what you're saying PD - and that open air track (March Hare) is also pretty close to the really nice pub (with the five puddings) we went to this year on the National Rideout...

The only thing is, the circuit was a bit micky mouse length-wise as you say...

Maybe the Weeekender Admin crew can locate a track over Worcester way that offers good racing on a decent length (in or out-door) track?

xxx

ps. Still reckon the comedy element of mini-motos is worth the knee bending mind you x

Old 30-11-2008, 08:25 PM   #59
benson

Burt Reynolds would love the karting I think...

ANYWAY - really like the idea of the Arrow mill for the lunch on Sunday - could make a lot of peeps less wet if the weather is as we have come to know and love it in the past!!!

Old 30-11-2008, 08:50 PM   #60
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Benson/Ped - can you put a 'closed sticky' in the events section (or everywhere!!), to have the following info:

2009 UKMOC 7th National Weekender
Date:
Friday May 1st till Sunday 3rd May 2009
Arrow,
Nr Alcester,
Warwickshire,
B49 5NL.

To include the National UKMOC rideout on the Sunday, also bike voting competition same day (various categories)

All Monster owners welcome, partners 'naughty bikes' welcome too.

Accomodation:
At Arrow Mill hotel in lovely rooms, OR
Camping in Arrow Mill grounds, OR
Arrange your own local accomodation at Travel Lodge or similar.

Please look out for booking form thread - where you can book for the whole weekend, book just for a meal one evening - or even just make a note & turn up for the day!

This might help out our many new visitors to the site

C