UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Another SE London Newbie!

Old 28-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Dirty

Smile Another SE London Newbie!

Hi all

Greenwich lad here. New to motorbikes and Ducatis!

Bit of background. Shock horror I actually don't like motorbikes as a rule! 50 years ago I'd have been a Mod rather than a rocker. But Ducatis are different. Works of engineering art in my view, I love them. I always said I'd buy one just to put in the living room one day.

So this year I needed to get a bike licence for career reasons (doing the knowledge). I could have got away with a CBT but didn't want to ride with L plates and liked the thought of having a few days proper training so I went for a full licence. Thinking I'd never want a proper bike I opted for the A2.

6 weeks of moped riding later and I'm scouring the internet for an M600. I still remember the first Monster I saw. It must have been when they first came out back in the 90's. It was parked outside Terra Nova Ins on Mincing lane EC3. It was red (obviously) and I was walking arkwardly for a little while after seeing it.

Anyway mine arrives in a few days. It's yellow. Expect lots of silly questions from me in the technical threads. I know my way around cars but bikes are alien to me so go gentle please!
Old 28-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Welcome to the club. You're in the right part of London as it's quite active North Kent and the London meet which is in the Docklands. I'm in Brockley myself.
In fact if the bike is running why no pop over to FatBoys diner on Saturday at 12 to meet some other members. Usually a small bunch of us catch up and have a natter.
And there's all the knowledge you could ever need.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
Musty

Welcome to the madhouse!

Good to have another fellow Londoner on board!
Old 28-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
Dirty

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Certainly looking forward to catching up soon and Fatboys is just through the tunnel. Not sure if I'll make this Saturday due to work but I might manage it.

Bike should be up and running immediately though. Couple of bits n bobs need doing but will get that sorted in next couple of weeks. 1 thing I have to do immediately is put the Fi restrictor kit back in. Looks like 2 large washers. I presume they go in the carbs somewhere. Cue 1st silly question in tech section!
Old 28-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #5
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Welcome to the club.....Pomp lives near you and is a fountain of info, give him a shout.
Old 28-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
Capo
You Are What You Is

Bike: S4r
Welcome to the club.
As you can see from the home page, we have an annual get together at the Arrow Mill, second bank holiday in May, a good place to meet the faces behind the names here.
Capo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #7
Scott1

Hi and welcome, I also live in Greenwich so hopefully see you about, my first Monster was a yellow 600, I loved it, I'm on my fourth now.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #8
Pomp1

Hi Dirty and welcome, as Grumpy said I live not far from you in Blackheath. Not sure about being a fountain of info thought
Old 01-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #9
scrapps

Hello and welcome
Old 02-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #10
Dirty

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Welcome to the club.....Pomp lives near you and is a fountain of info, give him a shout.
Thanks I will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott1 View Post
Hi and welcome, I also live in Greenwich so hopefully see you about, my first Monster was a yellow 600, I loved it, I'm on my fourth now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomp1 View Post
Hi Dirty and welcome, as Grumpy said I live not far from you in Blackheath. Not sure about being a fountain of info thought
Thanks guys.

Blimey I thought I'd be a bit unique and different but looks like I'll be blending in. Are we the official Greenwich Chapter!

Know anything about restrictors Pomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
Welcome to the club.
As you can see from the home page, we have an annual get together at the Arrow Mill, second bank holiday in May, a good place to meet the faces behind the names here.
Thanks Capo. Sadly I work every weekend. I'm hoping to catch up with some of the closer meets though when I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapps View Post
Hello and welcome
Thanks Scrapps
Old 02-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #11
Pomp1

How large are we talking on this washers? I know the IE bikes have either a stop on the throttle or one at the injection body depending on if it was an aftermarket job, but not sure on carb'd bikes. Post some pics and measures. As other have said I think the right place is in the tin under the sink. ;-)
Old 02-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #12
Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomp1 View Post
How large are we talking on this washers? I know the IE bikes have either a stop on the throttle or one at the injection body depending on if it was an aftermarket job, but not sure on carb'd bikes. Post some pics and measures. As other have said I think the right place is in the tin under the sink. ;-)
Thanks Pomp. Update and pics here
Old 10-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #13
Dirty

Cool Introducing 'Dirty Blonde'

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2bay 003.jpg (30.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 2bay 004.jpg (30.3 KB, 49 views)
Old 10-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #14
dazzpowder

Welcome. How you getting on with the knowledge ?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #15
Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzpowder View Post
Welcome. How you getting on with the knowledge ?
Thanks

Still very much at the beginning but going well. Have done 80 runs in 5 weeks