UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » The end is nigh

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2024, 10:33 PM   #1
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
The end is nigh

Well not quite but

Looks like 2040 is the end date for sales of new petrol powered bikes. Not totally offical yet but seems to be on the cards.
This is a move to green us up which is a bit odd considering that cars and taxis account for over 50% of the UK’s transport-related carbon emissions whilst motorcycles and mopeds represent just 0.5%.
Meanwhile the Department for Transport is taking steps to make low-powered electric motorcycles a more attractive transport option and views them as “dynamic, efficient and affordable… and too often overlooked”. They certainly aren't overlooked by ballied up youfs as far as I can see though.
For the sub 125 equivalents that's true I guess but the real performance bikes or any with a decent range still tend to be 15k ++.
Side note Kawasaki are still developing a hydrogen motor alongside electric options, still a concept but watch this space.
it'll be interesting to see what Ducati come up with

A neighbour got himself a zero a year or so ago, mostly though you see him out on his blade.