UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » 937 headstock stand

Old 08-04-2024, 09:41 AM   #1
MarkArbroath

Bike: Monster 950
937 headstock stand

Does anybody have a headstock stand for their Monster 937 and if so which make? Thinking of one but looks like the headlight sits too low, and it’s a pain to take the headlight off!
TIA
Mark
MarkArbroath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:02 AM   #2
dunf

Bike: M1200s
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkArbroath View Post
Does anybody have a headstock stand for their Monster 937 and if so which make? Thinking of one but looks like the headlight sits too low, and it’s a pain to take the headlight off!
TIA
Mark
I have a generic headstock stand and it doesn't fit my M1200 due to the headlight position so you might well be correct.
dunf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:35 AM   #3
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I've got a bike with one of those trendy modern melted headlamps and my stem stand crunches it! I've only tried it once and got away with it, but it aint right by a large margin.

I plan to get a pin made with a longer shoulder to push the stand arm lower. That will of course make it tighter on the mudguard, but I'll take that off as a precaution when using the stand.

I might be able to get away with some large washers or a spacer of some sort if I have a closer look, but that will rob from the pin length that goes into the stem and this is where a stem stand gets it's rigidity.

The worst part of it all is that I have the latest Showa forks which are asymmetric, making a front paddock stand impossible to use. The fork bottoms are different heights and shapes. They have a spring in one leg and all the damping in the other.
Even getting the pin in the stem is not straightforward as the front brake lines tee there to go to the ABS unit and the bracket blanks the stem hole.. Progress eh?

Last edited by Mr Gazza; Today at 09:49 AM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:11 AM   #4
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
good spot with the spring/damping gaza.
cagiva mitos were famous for falling over while you changed a front tyre, as the damper conpressed, if left with the spindle out.

i’d be happy to turn an alternate pin if anyone wants to send me some accurate measurements.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:57 PM   #5
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I've just had a play with my Constands headstock stand.
It turns out that I don't have the correct size pin for that bike. The Monster works great with an 18mm pin, but has a proper round headlamp.

The other one has a 14mm internal diameter stem and I have been using a 13mm pin which is too sloppy and lets the arm pivot enough to contact the headlamp assy.

In my case turning the 15mm pin down to fit should cure the problem I think?
It doesn't look like any extra pin length would be needed if it were tighter in my case.

There is a huge compatibility list on the Constands site, so I guess it's a mater of searching for one that is listed as fitting.. Sorry the list is too long for me to trawl through. Maybe you could drop them a line?
A good start would be to measure the internal diameter of your stem.

I have the Constands 5 pin model which is very good, even if it doesn't have quite the right pin for one of my bikes, but I'd recommend the stand and it's easy to modify a pin.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; Today at 07:00 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote