UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Web Page & Forum :. » Help and Site FAQ's » DOC Affiliation 2016

Old 16-11-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
DOC Affiliation 2016

Hi all

Firstly thanks to everyone who's responded over last year's kits, There are still twenty-ish people who've either not responded or recently gone quiet, so please check your junk mail if you think you were missed out!

We're currently processing 2016 membership. Once again, this allows registered members to go on free factory tours, get discounts on DRE and events like WDW or EICMA, as well as participate in an special offers with Ducati UK.
I'm using the same form as before to capture member information,

If I've recently emailed you or you filled this in last year: THERE IS NO NEED TO FILL IT IN AGAIN
(please feel free to PM or email me rob(at)ukmonster(dot)co(dot)uk if you're not sure)

You are eligible if you are a forum user who owns a Monster and live in the UK,Republic of Ireland, Channel Isles, Isle of Man etc. or an ex-pat Monster owner. We will also register your husband/wife/partner/girl or boy friend (after all there's not much point in getting a discount MotoGP grandstand ticket if you can't sit with your pillion)

If you fit the above description, please fill in and submit the form here
http://goo.gl/forms/wPVahgby85

Please also check the details match your information in the UKMOC UserCP

For partners, pillions etc. who don't have their own UKMOC logon:
Under "UKMOC Forum Name" just put 'YourForumName'+1 but please make sure the email address is unique.
Under "Monster model" just put pillion and the other bike details don't really matter.

As ever, we won't share your details with anyone other than Ducati. We will also contact you when we receive any weclcome kits, to arrange collection or payment for postage, ensuring membership remains free.

Please note DOC is the Desmo Owners Club, run by the factory and not the DOCGB, which is a different factory affiliated UK Club.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 07:14 PM   #2
hatchback

Hello Slob,
I didn't spot this thread and have just received 2016 membership of DOC. However I would like to be a member of UKMOC out of preference. Are the two mutually exclusive?

hatchback
Old 25-01-2016, 08:20 AM   #3
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Thanks for all your hard work Slob, as always

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 10:46 AM   #4
slob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchback View Post
Hello Slob,
I didn't spot this thread and have just received 2016 membership of DOC. However I would like to be a member of UKMOC out of preference. Are the two mutually exclusive?

hatchback
No, there's nothing mutually exclusive about membership, I know one Italian who's a member of three different clubs and several of our members are in DSC, as it a requirement for entering the DD race series.
We will ask for postage for any membership packs as it allows us to keep the club free, others may not. The kit is Generic, so you'll end up with the same thing twice (or more).

... using your real name on the form will help however ;-)

Last edited by slob; 25-01-2016 at 11:04 AM..
Old 26-05-2016, 03:26 PM   #5
slob

Thanks to everyone who's responded to my emails so far and sent postage and even overpaid in some cases!
I sent out 40 odd welcome kits this morning and have arranged delivery of another couple of dozen (We can almost see our living room again!)
The factory have just let me know the signup deadline for the 2nd tranche of welcome kits is 5th June, they should be sent out in July. The final batch will come out sometime in October.
http://www.thelasturl.net/ukmoc/docwelcome16.jpg
Old 28-05-2016, 10:13 AM   #6
gemantsdad

Bike: S4Rs
hi Rob, my pack arrived this morning, very nice, cheers Tony
gemantsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2016, 10:30 AM   #7
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Rob,

Do I need to send any money before I get mine? I had last years but I can't remember if I paid before you sent it or not.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2016, 03:50 PM   #8
ChrisC2925

Bike: M600
DOC pack

Mine arrived this morning thanks, Rob. I think you should charge more, I'm sure most people wouldn't begrudge paying a couple of quid extra to help fund the site.

Thanks

Chris
ChrisC2925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 08:09 AM   #9
SteveG

Mine arrived Saturday. Thanks Rob!

SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #10
Wasta

Bike: M900
Got mine Saturday. Again thanks Rob
Old 30-05-2016, 08:31 AM   #11
MerlinPV12

Bike: M1100evo
Recived mine, thanks Rob
Old 30-05-2016, 10:31 PM   #12
Davy

Bike: M900
It's a scam... mine arrived and I still can't believe the price. I pay £12 to the ukgser I think we should pay something twords this sites up keep. Only saying....
Old 31-05-2016, 12:58 PM   #13
FLATTOP

Cheers Rob recieved.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:00 PM   #14
BK56

Mine arrived last week (at some point) many thanks Slob... The new design is a great improvement. I tend to agree with Davy, I think there could be a cost and a modest contribution ( not necessarily compulsory )
Old 07-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #15
SteveG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy View Post
It's a scam... mine arrived and I still can't believe the price. I pay £12 to the ukgser I think we should pay something twords this sites up keep. Only saying....
Agree with that and all the other Folks who think the price for the membership goods is well understated.

IMO there is nothing to stop any UKMOC member gifting to support the site via PayPal to the UKMOC email address that was put out for the postage cost if they wish.

I know it isn't mandatory and it isn't asked for-probably because the ethos of the UKMOC appears to be a very friendly "not for profit" set up - but if like me you do value the site and appreciate the work Rob (and others) do for the members, either publicly or behind the scenes, then I think that is one option available to support and contribute voluntarily to help with the upkeep and maintenance of the site.

I know many support by giving time and input in other ways. Personally, I am more than happy to donate the price of the odd litre of oil as and when the opportunity arises. Well worth it.
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote