UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello all Monster!!

Old 05-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
doublethink

Hello all Monster!!

Hello all Monster’ers or should that be A Mash of Monsters! I’m not sure what the correct collective pronoun is for a group of Monster owners!

That to one side for a later debate, maybe after a few beers .

Let me give you a brief insight into me, I have never owned a Ducati! I know a terrible confession this despite owning and riding bikes for about thirty years or so.

My last three bikes have been BMW’s first a K1200s then two K1300s which I love to bits and have done some big miles on two up, before the BM’s I had a ZRX1200s and back in the mist of time lots of other big four cylinder bike’s including a self built Muscle bike with a GSXR1100 motor.

As my life is changing a bit and I don’t see that I’ll be doing the big pan-European trips that I’ve done over the past twelve years or so all of which were two up. I started to thinking what sort of bike could I have for the odd two up days out and still get out and have some fun without getting into having to ride a big superbike plus still do my annual lad's week away with my mates. The Monster looks like the answer the Monster is calling to the muscle bike rider in me.

In short, I am looking at either the S4R 996 or S4R 998 Testastretta, what are the pitfalls of the S4R 996 or S4R 998 Testastretta and which is better? Any hints and tips will be gratefully taken on board.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Hi, and welcome along.
I'm in Leicester too.
Can't help with your bike options I'm afraid, as I'm an aircooled person myself.
Can suggest, having viewed your profile, a free blues (ish) music event on sat sept 21st, 7.00pm at the Cow & Plough, Oadby/Evington.

You may find that a monster isn't the best two-up machine, but with a little tweeking they manage ok.
Pillion grab handles in particular are rubbish.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
pompone
MaleDucati

Bike: M900
Hi and welcome! I've only been on the back of a Monster once for a few miles. A Performance/Comfort seat is a must if you want your pillion to be comfortable/happy. The 998 S4Rs would be my choice as engine and equipment is superior. That said some early S4R they were shipped with better spec than later ones due to Ducati using up stock.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
nik_the_brief

Welcome aboard matey, I understand that the proper collective term is an 'asylum' of Monster owners.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
tricky73

Hello and welcome aboard
Old 05-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #6
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Hi and welcome
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote