UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » 1998 M900 Problems

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-09-2020, 10:05 PM   #1
Alexandru

1998 M900 Problems

The bike is quite a pain in the ass because it did broke down the road 3 times in a row ..it does something strange and i'm in the progres of finding out (without any luck ) . Wheen its on full working temp and during the city drive it starts to stals and dies ...it doesent starts or it just spins the starter.. when it starts the revs are so slow (and a huge smell of gas on the exhaust )because the oil pressure lights flickers. When you try to accelerate it instant dies. If you chouse to start it on choke it will start will rev high but again will die if u accelerate it. If you let the bike cool it self down it will work like a dream...when i drive it in the mornings from home to work 25 km it gows superb and with no problems at all..did changed oil + oil filter , air filter , spark plugs fuel filter and did mount an additional one from pump to cabrs (tank is rusted inside )....dono what can couse this madnes i love the bike it drives superb when its not doing any problems..engine is healthy and puls nornal..my gues is that the coils ore the ignition controlers are overheating and causes this madness , i dont blame the carbs because if they where a problem they shuld give this problem anytime, again lets say vacum but i shuld had this problem permanent ...its the only thing that can cause this problem...coils and coils contorlers
What do you guys think ? Thanks
PS dono where to post on engines or electric...dono where my problem goes in.

Last edited by Alexandru; 26-09-2020 at 10:07 PM..