UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » National Events » Weekender Archive » Monster Weekender 2021 » Weekender anyone?, 2021

Old 12-09-2020, 05:47 AM   #31
Moco1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
I work in Barrow and have accomodation there so wouldn’t be overnighting but I’ll certainly try to get for one of the rides and probably the meal too if that’s ok?
Hi Ian, absolutely ok, any locals are more than welcome to join in, you don't have to be staying at the hotel.thanks for your suggestions on your second post too. Am I right in saying the motor museum is in the middle of Keswick? As a general principle I was trying to steer away from the tourist hot spots ,but your advice will be valuable.

Not sure if we will be at the lockgate next month with new"guidelines" but will catch up soon mate.
Old 12-09-2020, 05:49 AM   #32
Moco1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacs View Post
Moco, a room for all three nights for me & Mrs Dacs if you please. Needs to be a twin room, is that possible?
Welcome Dave, your contribution will be invaluable mate
Old 12-09-2020, 08:02 AM   #33
Goofle

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
Hi Ian, absolutely ok, any locals are more than welcome to join in, you don't have to be staying at the hotel.thanks for your suggestions on your second post too. Am I right in saying the motor museum is in the middle of Keswick? As a general principle I was trying to steer away from the tourist hot spots ,but your advice will be valuable.

Not sure if we will be at the lockgate next month with new"guidelines" but will catch up soon mate.
I believe the motor museum in Keswick shut a good few years ago ...
The Lakeland Motor Museum is (to the best of my knowledge) still open, albeit with booking essential now due to Covid. It’s between Ulverston and Newby Bridge.
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 09:10 AM   #34
Moco1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
I believe the motor museum in Keswick shut a good few years ago ...
The Lakeland Motor Museum is (to the best of my knowledge) still open, albeit with booking essential now due to Covid. It’s between Ulverston and Newby Bridge.
......spot on mate,, looks good,bookings only as you say. It's now in the " consideration " pile .As we gain momentum the itinerary will become clearer.
Old 12-09-2020, 10:13 AM   #35
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Within a mile of RGM Motors in Beckermet, where I get all my Commando bits, is Sellafield (formerly Windscale). RGM is a mail order facility only although I did call in once and was warmly received by Roger Meyer, who does have an extensive collection of Nortons there. I doubt we could visit him as a group but I could ask if you like?
Sellafield has (or had) a visitor centre and tours could be booked. No idea if this is still going as the site is being dismantled and only processes radioactive waste as far as I know.
The road from Barrow to Sellafield is, er, interesting!
Old 12-09-2020, 10:20 AM   #36
Moco1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Within a mile of RGM Motors in Beckermet, where I get all my Commando bits, is Sellafield (formerly Windscale). RGM is a mail order facility only although I did call in once and was warmly received by Roger Meyer, who does have an extensive collection of Nortons there. I doubt we could visit him as a group but I could ask if you like?!
....no harm in asking mate, like everyone I hope by next June we will have minimal restrictions. lets get options on the table
Old 12-09-2020, 10:26 AM   #37
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

I've got another order due, so I'll pop the question. If Sellafield still does tours maybe we could have a double hit?
Old 12-09-2020, 10:35 AM   #38
Moco1961

Quote:
I've got another order due, so I'll pop the question. If Sellafield still does tours maybe we could have a double hit?
Bad news on the double hit mate, I have just watched a you-tube vid of it being demolished, very definitely not there any more !
Old 12-09-2020, 10:44 AM   #39
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Oh well it was there 12 months ago.
Forget that then..
Old 12-09-2020, 05:56 PM   #40
rollo22

Bike: M1100evo
Can i put my mark on a single please for 3 nights.
Old 12-09-2020, 06:43 PM   #41
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Oh well it was there 12 months ago.
Forget that then..
Gazza, my work takes me up that way 2 or 3 times a year and they have been decommissioning Sellafield for at least the last 10 years. The last few years I have noticed that they were running regular very big train services (8 to 10 carriage trains pulled by the heavy freight locomotives that were originally used to transport stuff in and out of the site, to ferry workers and whatever else they needed to and from the site.) Trust me you do not wanna go there. They will still be trying to make that place safe again in another 10 years.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 06:48 PM   #42
slob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69
... They will still be trying to make that place safe again in another 10 years.
10,000 years?

it would have been 20,000 but they stopped calling it Windscale in 1981 ;-)
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:09 PM   #43
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

They'll probably stop trying after another 10 years (Imagine the costs) but yea will probably be more like 10,000

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 08:13 PM   #44
Moco1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo22 View Post
Can i put my mark on a single please for 3 nights.
......of course you can Duncan, in fact I have just done it great to have you on board
Old 13-09-2020, 03:29 PM   #45
DaveR

Bike: S4r
Hi Mike, please can I book a single room for all 3 nights. I look forward to visiting the lakes, it's been far too long since I was there last.
Dave
DaveR is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: