UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New here...from the other side of the pond

Old 14-04-2018, 09:15 PM   #1
dk1six

New here...from the other side of the pond

Just joined up yesterday thought I'd come over here for a fresh look on things and maybe learn a few things. I belong to four different Duc forums over here but I have to say I do like the mindset and approach you chaps have over here. Laid back, not too serious and I never really get the sense that there's a lot of testosterone mixed in with the writings, I like the lack of it. I use to frequent Triumph.net back when I restored a barn find TT600 loved that bike as a daily rider but I sold it over an offer I couldn't refuse...haven't been back there much these days but they were a good helpful lot and you never saw the useless insults that can prevail elsewhere.

I had two beautiful Ducs, (an 05 S2R800 and an 07 S4RT), that I spent more time and money on than I care to admit to, I sold them both inside of three weeks after convincing myself that they weren't my riding style, that was three years ago. I went through a handful of bikes while trying to get back to similar to what I had in those two monsters and looked at a lot of them across the states here. Within the last month I picked up an 02 Foggy with 1,931 miles #196 and an 05 S2R800 with just under 8k miles on it, both unmolested. I've had an 06 MTS for about a year now got it from a woman one town over it has 3,367 miles when I got it and now it's my daily rider...I think I'm happy again haha!! I do need to learn more about the S4.

That's my story
Old 14-04-2018, 09:29 PM   #2
Mossleymonster

Bike: M1100s
Howdi Cousin. I love your President! Wish we had him, instead of our spineless traitor.
Old 14-04-2018, 09:32 PM   #3
dk1six

Hi Mossley yes he's something alright if not very different from most of the others that have gone through the White House.
Old 14-04-2018, 09:44 PM   #4
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Welcome. Nice bikes to have
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 09:47 PM   #5
dk1six

Hi Albie thank you and the good thing is I'm keeping these!!
Old 14-04-2018, 10:06 PM   #6
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1six View Post
Hi Albie thank you and the good thing is I'm keeping these!!
We need pictures some time..
Old 14-04-2018, 10:09 PM   #7
dk1six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
We need pictures some time..
"pictures or it didn't happen" lol

I'll have to take some because for some reason I haven't yet!!
Old 15-04-2018, 06:56 AM   #8
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
'tis a good story and an S2r is always a good choice, hello and welcome. Pics are always appreciated, and plans for them?

I must admit that it took a moment or 2 to remember what TT600 is and now I feel old knowing that these are becoming treasured 'barn finds' and being restored. I remember when they first came out, all this was fields back then...!
Old 15-04-2018, 08:25 AM   #9
dk1six

Hi Blah blah thanks...Well the Foggy most likely won't change much some new rearsets and I'm thinking about powder coating the wheels black. I took the exhaust off of it and polished it up added some Rizoma Circuit 851 mirrors and CRG levers and that might be about it. It needs tires it looks like they might be original or close to it by the date stamp.

The S2R is getting some Speedymoto metal it's not all on yet rearsets are coming, the exhaust is off of it to polish it up, it has a full Arrow exhaust. New front brake pads are coming I got ZG dark smoke windscreens for the both of them. New grips for both bikes and a chain and sprocket set change for the S2 going up four in the rear. The current chain has a clip type master link I wouldn't trust.

The TT600 was a nice bike I regret letting it go. It was red and I picked up a red rear seat cowl and powder coated the wheels to match the body and left the front fairings silver. It had a Beowulf exhaust I picked up in the UK man that thing was throaty and the bike was quicker than a 600 it seemed to me. There were critters living under the seat and the owner remembered the last time he put it in the shed some six years ago that it had a full tank of gas lol but I got it for a song.

I'll take some pictures when I get up later, I'm getting off work headin home.
Old 15-04-2018, 10:40 PM   #10
dk1six

Back with pics to prove it happened lol...

This is the 02 Foggy with 1,9xx miles, I think it's 1,931 I'd have to look again.
I had all the CF pieces off of it and cleaned them and underneath them but it was pretty clean, maybe the cleanest used bike I've ever picked up. I added DP rearsets and got rid of the one piece front/rear peg bracket. I wanted Rizomas but scoured the planet and couldn't find them. Purchased them across the globe four times only to be refunded three to four days later by all of them because they don't carry them any more even though you can go through the buying process on their web sites!?

I picked up a nice set of S4 wheels in red that I was going to have powder coated black and save the original wheels and it needs tires I usually go for Q3s. It has the open airbox, K&N and full Termi exhaust with the Termi stickers removed. Debating on if I like the Ferracci stickers or not, maybe not what say you on those?

Up next is the S2R with just under 8k miles. I'd say it's pretty unmolested with the exception of a hoakey bracket used in the tail chop along with a clear integrated LED tail light. The resistors were glued under the mud guard out in the elements. I picked up bracketry from monster tail chop that allows for using the stock turns and refitted a stock tail light, something about the tail light that needs it to be red. I'm waiting on the tail light harness in the mail.
I've been mostly cleaning it as time allows and while I wait for parts. I have a set of CRG Arrow mirrors for it and black CRG levers to replace the red ones on it currently.

The Foggy came with the set of DP stands and the cover unused yet but no jacket...I almost walked away haha!!
Old 19-04-2018, 07:32 PM   #11
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1six View Post
Back with pics to prove it happened lol...

This is the 02 Foggy with 1,9xx miles, I think it's 1,931 I'd have to look again.
I had all the CF pieces off of it and cleaned them and underneath them but it was pretty clean, maybe the cleanest used bike I've ever picked up. I added DP rearsets and got rid of the one piece front/rear peg bracket. I wanted Rizomas but scoured the planet and couldn't find them. Purchased them across the globe four times only to be refunded three to four days later by all of them because they don't carry them any more even though you can go through the buying process on their web sites!?

I picked up a nice set of S4 wheels in red that I was going to have powder coated black and save the original wheels and it needs tires I usually go for Q3s. It has the open airbox, K&N and full Termi exhaust with the Termi stickers removed. Debating on if I like the Ferracci stickers or not, maybe not what say you on those?

Up next is the S2R with just under 8k miles. I'd say it's pretty unmolested with the exception of a hoakey bracket used in the tail chop along with a clear integrated LED tail light. The resistors were glued under the mud guard out in the elements. I picked up bracketry from monster tail chop that allows for using the stock turns and refitted a stock tail light, something about the tail light that needs it to be red. I'm waiting on the tail light harness in the mail.
I've been mostly cleaning it as time allows and while I wait for parts. I have a set of CRG Arrow mirrors for it and black CRG levers to replace the red ones on it currently.

The Foggy came with the set of DP stands and the cover unused yet but no jacket...I almost walked away haha!!
Beautiful that Foggy.. I wish I had one for sure..
Old 16-04-2018, 09:14 AM   #12
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Keep the Foggy 100% standard, it’s a rare bike!
Old 16-04-2018, 02:17 PM   #13
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Keep the Foggy 100% standard, it’s a rare bike!
Seconded.
Old 16-04-2018, 01:33 PM   #14
dk1six

Trying...
That's why I picked up a spare set of wheels but that's it. It's not that far removed from stock as is.
Old 16-04-2018, 02:27 PM   #15
dk1six

Thirded!!
I've seen more extreme changes to these bikes I guess it comes down to personal taste vs the desire to keep something original.
I'm done with the exception of the wheels.
I have what I removed it's probably a half hr worth of work to "get it back". What if I never sell it then its value is what it's worth to me for the most part. Have I decreased the value?