UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New & first time Ducati owner

Old 09-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #16
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black20VT View Post

Love the slipper clutch, but still having a few issues with finding neutral in the higher gears
Maybe you're being too gentle with it ? It might need a firmer move from one gear to the next, not a gentle touch. Slam it in, gun it.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #17
Black20VT

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to kick it rather than tickle it
Old 12-09-2014, 03:43 PM   #18
peter

lever is probably set to high. I had this when i first got my monster.
Old 13-09-2014, 08:12 AM   #19
Liz
Co-ordination

Bike: S2r
Hi and welcome we're down the road in Calne! Keep an eye on the Wilts/Hants threads for meets
Old 13-09-2014, 08:15 AM   #20
Black20VT

Hi Liz from Calne. My bro lives in Calne, infact, 2 hours from now I'll be in Calne meeting my bro and going on a ride, as he has a Street Triple.
Old 13-09-2014, 08:33 AM   #21
Liz
Co-ordination

Quote:
Hi Liz from Calne. My bro lives in Calne, infact, 2 hours from now I'll be in Calne meeting my bro and going on a ride, as he has a Street Triple.
We're off to Bristol this morning, listen out for 2 S2Rs! Did you make it to the Calne Bike Day as we had our Ducati stand outside the information centre.
Old 13-09-2014, 08:36 AM   #22
Black20VT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
We're off to Bristol this morning, listen out for 2 S2Rs! Did you make it to the Calne Bike Day as we had our Ducati stand outside the information centre.
We might also head to Bristol, perhaps Riders and/or Fowlers, but not 100% confirmed yet.

We came through Calne about 30 mins after most of the bikes left on the ride, as my bro was away that weekend, so me and the Mrs came through after being in Bristol checking out new bikes, hence the Monster Although, Riders didn't get my business due to their total lack of customer care, again...
Old 13-09-2014, 08:43 AM   #23
Liz
Co-ordination

Quote:
We might also head to Bristol, perhaps Riders and/or Fowlers, but not 100% confirmed yet.

We came through Calne about 30 mins after most of the bikes left on the ride, as my bro was away that weekend, so me and the Mrs came through after being in Bristol checking out new bikes, hence the Monster Although, Riders didn't get my business due to their total lack of customer care, again...
We may see you as that's where we're headed. Probably go to Riders for brunch and Fowlers for a wander round! Black S2R with orange stripe and Silver S2R with black stripe.

If you want good service, go to Moto Rapido
Old 13-09-2014, 08:47 AM   #24
Black20VT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
We may see you as that's where we're headed. Probably go to Riders for brunch and Fowlers for a wander round! Black S2R with orange stripe and Silver S2R with black stripe.

If you want good service, go to Moto Rapido
We'll keep a look out for you. We'll be on a 821 Dark and a black Striple.

Ended up going to Blade Ducati in Reading, but thanks for the tip on Moto Rapido, as looks a good ride too!
Old 15-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #25
Martin C
Bronze Member

Bike: M900
You may want to try slightly adjusting the gear-lever position, especially as you say you have small feet. Doing so can often make a surprising difference to the ease and comfort of gear-changing, all manufacturers use a compromise setting that inevitably doesn't suit everyone. Over the past year I've had to adjust the gear levers on both my Ducatis, sadly due to increasing age and ankle-joint stiffness - in both cases with very good results.

Oh yes - and welcome to UKMOC!

Quote:
Now I can access the full rev range, it's certainly more fun, especially when hitting about 7k RPM. It wakes up quite a bit!

Love the slipper clutch, but still having a few issues with finding neutral in the higher gears