UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello from SW London

Old 11-09-2007, 03:28 PM   #1
Random1

Hello from SW London

Hi,

I am a new member and have recently bought a Monster 750. This is bike number 1 for me and although I am really enjoying it and learning alot I know nothing about maintenance.

I have recently got the bike serviced, but will need to learn how to do basic maintenance and chain tension altering etc. Does anyone have any recommendations for what tools i need? Any tips?

Thanks
Random
Old 11-09-2007, 03:38 PM   #2
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Welcome to the club. Though I've no maintenance ability there are loads of members on here who will be able to offer you more than enough advise.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:46 PM   #3
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
Hi Random. I'm in sunny Kingston, presumably not that far from you. It's probably best to get a workshop manual for the bike. That will give you an excellent introduction to what you can do easily and the tools you'll need.

Welcome to the club. There are some excellent people here and a lot of experience.

Enjoy.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:53 PM   #4
katana

I am holier than everyone as I can break any bike with amazingly few tools.

Oh and hello.

If the south west is brixton, good luck on keeping the bike.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
banditloon

Welcome to the world of Monster-ing.

Workshop manual, can be found on Ebay for pennies. Well ok, a couple of quid. Haynes manual, about £11 from Halfords or some motorcycle dealers.

Top place to get your bike serviced, www.rossocorse.co.uk They are in East London, and have done most of the servicing work on my poor unloved Monster this year.

As for tools....

Decent socket set, allen keys, screw drivers, and a good, high quality, torque wrench.

Enjoy the bike, and maybe see you on my journey from out here in the sticks to Chelsea
Old 11-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #6
Half Man Half Mole

Welcome.

Mike
Old 11-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #7
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Hi Random1

Welcome from Wimbledon Park. If you ever fancy heading down together for a blat round Surrey, I sometimes meet up with the Surrey/Sussex bods.

Keep an eye out on the events section.

Also try this website for maintenance side....http://www.ducatisuite.com/home.html

Sir Winston Churchill

Last edited by Headhunter; 11-09-2007 at 05:59 PM..
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:32 PM   #8
gremlin

Haynes amnuals are cool, they tell you what tools you need. Pre tother half I did all my own car maintenance with Haynes propped up under the bonnet and managed to keep car on the road. We now have a collection! Welcome to a great club! We'll look out for you when we're down as we work in SW quite a lot, normally Wimbledon and surrounding areas.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #9
Diego

Welcome to the bunch and London monster mania! Beware of the ''mod'' bug...the pennies will sore!
Old 13-09-2007, 07:23 AM   #10
seby

HELLO
ciao....to all
Old 13-09-2007, 07:32 AM   #11
seby

anybody intersting to join a new monster website?
Old 17-09-2007, 08:07 AM   #12
Random1

Thanks

Hi guys and girls,
Thanks for the advice, looks like I will be visiting ebay for the servicing manual.

Thanks for the tip to go to corse rossi (sp?). I got the bike serviced at Louigi Moto in Bath, they are truly excellent and would recommend them but it is quite a long way to go....

I am in richmond (still london??), so will keep an eye out for any of you in the area...

Cheers
Random
Old 17-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #13
Nim

hello there from colliers wood ...perhaps us surrey/sw london lot should meet for a ride soon?? not too soon though....need to fix bike first
Old 17-09-2007, 05:16 PM   #14
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nim View Post
perhaps us surrey/sw london lot should meet for a ride soon?? not too soon though....need to fix bike first
Definitely. I'll be up for it.

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote