UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Mirrors.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-12-2020, 11:29 PM   #1
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Mirrors.

This is driving me crazy. Factory mirror mounts are on the lever perches, inboard of the switchgear. So the centre-line of the mirror is directly above the centre of the handlebar grip - with the result that all you can see directly behind you in the mirror is your elbows. Dumb beyond words...

Not a huge fan of bar-end mirrors. Especially cheap ones.

So look over your shoulder, right?

Well, dunno if it's just me, but when I do that the riding position is sufficiently forward-biased that my chin digs into my shoulder. Not something I've ever had a problem with on any other bike - and lots of real world scenarios where being able to check directly behind seems like it would be a really good idea...

Surely there must be some M10x1.25 RH-thread mirrors that have stalks just a couple of inches longer than the stubby little things that seem to be fashionable? Yes, I know there's adapter blocks, I might resort to those yet... But they look kind of kludgy...

Heck, I watched a Millyard episode on YouTube and came away with a serious case of stalk envy - 70's Kawasaki mirror stalks look about 12" long, LOL...

Are the early Aprila Tuorno mirrors longer? In photos, they seem to reach to the end of the grip - and their perches look to be similar...

Or any of the earlier Scrambler models (which year did they go to M8? all the ones I've seen photos of look pretty stubby - but Darkness said they worked on his M900).

Thanks!
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote