UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi all

Old 11-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #31
DukeChick620

Yay!!! Finally picked up the bike yesterday. Well hubby drove it and he cant believe how much fun they are to drive. It looks great sounds ok. (Need termi's me thinks) Oh and a DAS test!
Old 11-02-2007, 12:27 PM   #32
Paivi

I'm about 5'3" and almost perfect height for the new 695 which is just 1cm lower than the 620.

I'm OK with the stock seat, but find the DP comfort (aka gel, aka touring) seat makes a small difference.

I very seldom need to put both my feet on the ground, and certainly never need to flatfoot it. When I'm parking it, I have no problems in getting off and pushing it, or asking for help. I tend to ride with people I know and they now automatically come and park my bike for me, and nobody thinks I'm less of a biker, just a shorter one.

Have a look at the Bikegirl site article for some very good advice for vertically challenged riders.

As for U-turns on your bike, well I keep saying that the colour is not the only thing my bike has in common with a London bus, I literally need an airfield to turn. Your instructor should know that Ducatis are somewhat limited, and if you keep failing, s/he often tries it too to see if it's physically possible in that space. But, in any case, you should practice. Just go round an abandoned car park in ever decreasing circles.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:21 PM   #33
Bodybag

The U-turn is a two part section of the test. The Instructor/tester will make you get off the bike and push it from one side of the road to the other. This is for no other reason than to prove that the bike will be able to carry out the manoeuvre. Then you have to get on the bike and ride it back to the original start point. I think its the Instructor/testers responsibility to ensure the road is suitable for the bike to be able to carry this out. SOmeone will no doubt be along to confirm or deny this.

Hope this helps.

Bodybag
Old 11-02-2007, 03:04 PM   #34
gremlin

Hope you're right, but what happens when you struggle to move the bike when off it? I really struggle cos I've got a dodgy back, perhaps I'll have to get really friendly with the examiner!!
Old 15-02-2007, 08:56 AM   #35
kathb

Hi Jackie,

Finally, I've found out where the restrictor kit is fitted - to the manifold. I restricts the flow of air, thus reducing the bhp.

Hope this is of use to you,

Kath