UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » Ducati Performance Catalogues

Old 02-11-2020, 10:02 PM   #1
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Ducati Performance Catalogues

I have a number of Ducati Performance accessory catalogues from a few years back.
These are more of the bits and pieces from clearing out Capo's garage.
I don't want any of these myself but I wonder whether anyone would be interested in them .... it seems sensible to ask.
I have general catalogues from 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2010 which cover the entire range of Ducati models.
From 2003 a Monster S4/S4R specific calalogue.
And from 2004, a catalogue covering the full range of Monsters.
All available for the cost of postage and packing.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:17 PM   #2
Darkness

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
I have a number of Ducati Performance accessory catalogues from a few years back.
I don't want any of these myself but I wonder whether anyone would be interested in them .... it seems sensible to ask.
I have general catalogues from 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2010 which cover the entire range of Ducati models.
Is there any way you could scan these and post them, or would that infringe copyrights?
Old 02-11-2020, 10:29 PM   #3
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Is there any way you could scan these and post them, or would that infringe copyrights?
That did throw me for just a moment .. but then I realised that when you say "post" you mean "on the forum" rather than "by mail".
Tbh I have no idea whether that would infringe copyrights or not .. maybe Rob could advise ?
Also I don't personally have the hardware necessary to scan them, but I would be happy to forward them to someone who did.
It would be a bit of a labour of love though as it would take a big chunk of time.
Also, most of the catalogues cover much more than just monsters and it would probably be fiddly to separate out just the monster stuff as it seems to be mixed up rather than in separate sections by model.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:51 PM   #4
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Ha ha, that took me straight back to the committee meetings of the AJS & Matchless Owners Club back in the eighties, up in the conference room above the Nationalist Motorcycle Museum.
I remember the discussions leading up to the rendering of all the parts lists in their possession onto microfiche for easy reference and posterity... The white heat of technology eh?

Going on from Darkness's suggestion, I think something like that would be a cool idea and simply add to the club's pooled knowledge. It's not beyond the wit of man to scan all that material, and it could then be stored as a series of PDFs referenced via links on a sticky thread in the "Accessories" forum.
Certainly the pictures of the accessories would be helpful sometimes when verifying parts offered for sale for instance, or just mysterious bits on bikes.

I think Capo would quite like that actually. I also happen to know he had a fairly good collection of PDF sheets of very useful information, probably of his own composition. I have a couple of them stored, but there must be loads on his PC.... Gone along with his passwords I guess..

It does seem reasonable to assume that the copyright issue would be hard to apply to something dated, no longer published and containing products no longer made nor stocked... But then I don't know Ducati?
I hope we could take this further.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:51 AM   #5
alan s4

Bike: S4 challenge
Hi Utopia, I would like the S4/S4R catalogue. I'll send you a PM.

I've also got a high res A3 scanner that I use for work, happy to scan the catalogue for others to access.

Cheers, Alan
alan s4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:34 AM   #6
velosam

Bike: M1000ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
I'll take the 2004 one if available.
velosam is offline   Reply With Quote