UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Part Rant part update

Old 17-01-2021, 04:38 PM   #1
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Part Rant part update

tried to be busy in my freezing garage ,, carbs are in pieces again , they have had full refurb of Orings seals , float needles ,slow running jets and pilot air needles ,gaskets even replaced the expensive pilot air cutoff valve ,carb has now been soaked , cleaned blasted with air and Ultrasoniced 3 times ,, but the left hand carb still wont run at low revs ???? all components are in perfect order so im getting very very pee-ed off

Also , have now totally removed the datafool alarm and its loom as its buggered , took a while but now the bike is back to standard ,, still waiting for the ressistors for the Neutral switch ,,
the other Rant is about Crimp tools of which I have many ,, I replacing several of the Superseals as they are perished and I have the correct tool Durite 77 crimper £35 but i also have some JPT connectors on a car and the S4 in thailand that need replacing ,, they also use a Durite crimper 588 but the supplier sent me a Sn288 crimper ,£ 24 I dont know what its for as its useless for JPT and Superseal , Deutsch , Amp etc I have been arguing with the supplier over flea bay for weeks ,, basicly they are saying im an idiot and not using the SN288 correctly ha ha ,, On top of that many other orders recently from Reliable Ebay suppliers have turned up with wrong parts or missing parts ?????

Also since Friday I have been informed of 19 people I know in my Local area of HOVE and Blighton who have gone down with Covid this week this is unprecidented ,up to now i have only personally know of 6 infections and 3 deaths from Covid , Its defo out of control , 3 of the people I know are NHS staff another 5 are teachers 2 are bus drivers ,, 3 are auto technicians ,, all are still required to work ,,the rest are either unlucky or idiots???? im listed as responsiblecarer for 2 90 years olds and 2 shielding vulnerable friends plus I recently had heart attack im 63 and my GP says im likely to get vaccines
in April but thay have as of Friday not had any delivered ,,???
Old 17-01-2021, 05:58 PM   #2
Ron1000

Bike: M1100evo
Can I join in.

Firstly. That’s a hell of a lot on your plate there Jerry. Best advice I can offer for covid if just to tough it out. I have used those crimps and crimpers before for amp seal. Wouldn’t know part numbers or that but they were quite tricky to get right. But once correct they seemed to be very solid.

My personal woes at the moment are frustrating to say the least.
My Evo is sitting clean, tidy, and tucked away for winter, except it’s belts date is past now and I can’t get it to the service centre with covid so that’s a minor gripe.

On top of that my triumph street triple has blown its dash and a new one is £915…so I bought a 2nd hand one on eBay…which needs coded to the bike so it still does nothing until done. Again I need to get that bike the service centre to get coded and covid is hampering that too.

Next is the track bike R6. It needed its valves done…which I done. But I’ve not had a chance to run it as I’m prepping all the fairings for paint, but the weather is too cold for paint so that’s abandoned too.

So the upshot is out of four bikes I’ve got one that I can actually use and it’s at my mates while I sort out permanent storage.

On the work front all my projects are being severely hampered by covid and me being a funny old character; I detest failure…which I’m heading towards with my projects.

On top of all that covid seems worse that ever and it’s basically turned me (and all of us) into prisoners.

Also as a little kicker covid looks like it might seriously impact trackday season too.

Just sh*te all round.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 09:28 AM   #3
jerry
Old Git

Yes Ron its all a bit crappy ,, The Crimps will get sorted as I know where to get the proper tool ,, what annoys me is all the companies selling the wrong tool and telling u its correct there are 8 companies on Ebay selling the SN288 tool as suitable for jobs it cant do ....Now a ebay paypal dispute ,,,,,

The rear Carb is more worrying as its really getting to me its in Perfect nick now like new but still not working ,, I feel undermined ,, oh yes I have put different Igniter , coils and leads from one of my other 750 monsters on so I kniw its the carb ....confused .com ha ha
Old 18-01-2021, 10:17 AM   #4
Ron1000

Could the carb issue be something simple like a pinched rubber where it gets clipped to the engine and it’s sucking in air…messing up the air/fuel ratio.

You could try TLC and Cable Craft instead of eBay. They’ll definitely stock the correct tools and listed for correct crimps.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 02:23 PM   #5
jerry
Old Git

Hi Ron I have the correct Durite 77 and 588 tools now arrived today in the post but some Ebay sellers are selling the SN288 tool as suitable but its completely wrong ,, I have flagged it up to Ebay for 16 sellers and they are going to chase it up as its false description ,,it may be down to ignorance ???,, Paypal have now refunded me and I still have the tool , it may be useful in the future

the other bad thing is that Future work in EU is now curtailed due to Brexit as it is neccesary to have a new work permit for each contract ,, but most of my jobs are at short notice and it takes minimum 14 days to get the permits from EU ,, so thats very uncertain

as for the carb there are no air leaks on the manifold rubber or at test points
Old 24-01-2021, 03:57 PM   #6
jerry
Old Git

Slowly making progress waiting for more viton carb O rings for the pilot jet and gallery plug as they are not in the rebuild kits ,, went for a long ride today on 750ss ,, damn cold and roads covered in slush. mud . salt , some fresh snow and ice in mid sussex ,, it woke me up and made me feel good
Yeehaa !!!! im alive
Old 25-01-2021, 02:47 PM   #7
crawsue
Bronze Member

Carb issues.

Have you tried swapping the recalcitrant carb onto another bike that you know is good....or vice versa, put a carb on this bike that you know is okay.
I refurbed a monobloc for my G 80 Matchless, it should have been perfect, but wouldn't pick-up properly from tickover, swapped with a mate to work out what was going wrong....

Last edited by crawsue; 25-01-2021 at 02:55 PM..
crawsue is offline   Reply With Quote