UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi

Old 16-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
orangepeel

Hi

Hi to you all, I have an itch that needs scratching which is why I have joined this group.

I want a Monster, it is a desire I have had since those early M900s first hit the roads, boy was I smitten. The years have rolled by and I have kicked myself on more than one occasion for not taking the plunge.

In an ideal world an unmolested early 750 in red would be the business however I am realistic and understand the value of things.

My budget is around £2K however would love to have some change.

If anyone knows of one that fits the bill let me know.

By the way I am in East Dorset.
Thanks
Neil
Old 16-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
LVC
The Loire Valley Monster

Bike: S4
Welcome to the club and good luck with the search

Old 16-01-2010, 10:08 PM   #3
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
welcome to the club Neil, good luck finding a monster, and if you get one we'll probably see you down Poole Quay next summer!
Old 17-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #4
Trouble

Hi Neil,

Newbie here too, they are a friendly bunch on this forum.

I found my m600 on Auto Trader, had been shopping around for a bike, knew I wanted a Monster but couldn't find one for the money I had, again about 2 grand. Was also looking at cars on Autotrader, and it hadn't occurred to me to look for a bike on there too (dur) and found a really nice 98 monster that had been taken part exchange for a car in a garage just up the road (the guy just wanted the bike off his forecourt of BMWs and Mercs) and I got it for a grand. 14k miles, tax and mot, full service history and last service in November, a really lovely ride too. The dogs dangly things

Good luck with your search.
Old 17-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #5
orangepeel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Hi Neil,

Newbie here too, they are a friendly bunch on this forum.

I found my m600 on Auto Trader, had been shopping around for a bike, knew I wanted a Monster but couldn't find one for the money I had, again about 2 grand. Was also looking at cars on Autotrader, and it hadn't occurred to me to look for a bike on there too (dur) and found a really nice 98 monster that had been taken part exchange for a car in a garage just up the road (the guy just wanted the bike off his forecourt of BMWs and Mercs) and I got it for a grand. 14k miles, tax and mot, full service history and last service in November, a really lovely ride too. The dogs dangly things

Good luck with your search.
Nice find, looked at your previous posts and see a few similarities, I have been on a my Vespa for many years (used to live in Brighton, was I the ace face?). Living a little more rural now so the decision made itself really, those tiny wheels dont like the lanes & back roads of Dorset. I have set up a watch on Ebay, Autotrader and a couple of classic sites so fingers crossed my dream will come true.
Thanks
Neil
Old 17-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #6
Trouble

Hey,

I lived in Brighton for 7 years until last year when I moved to london for a job, a bit of a country boy at heart so jealous of your country rural roads! Still work in Btn every Friday, not ridden down there yet put planning to next week, give the bike a chance to stretch its legs on the A23.

I am sure you will find something soon, I was about to buy a Bandit, literally the day I found the Monster I was supposed to be going to see one, but went to see the Monster en route to the bandit, I am very glad I did otherwise I know I would now, have a Bandit sat outside, but still be looking online at the Monsters available and wondering "what if..?"

P.

P.
Old 17-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #7
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Keep looking and you'll find one.
I'm over in the forest of dean, the first 750(IE) came from Bristol and my current one from county Durham.
You do have an advantage as most people riding jap bikes make the judgement that a Ducati might well be a problem to own (which is rubbish) and an old one even worse.
Gotta skip, all the local snows melted so a quick clean off (well OK more of a scrape, I'm an all weather biker) and I'm off out for a quick thrash
LOL If I just take a little more off the tyres I can justify a new set next week