UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Newbie Alert

Old 29-05-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
darrens_here

Newbie Alert

Hi All,

Darren, essex (yeah yeah yeah I know I know!!!) I currently own a Ninja, ZX636r. The girlfirend is doing her DAS soon, and shall be riding a SV650. Rather than feeling the need to fly of that the Ninja gives me, thinking of getting a monster as a second bike for our "ride outs" together. Always loved the looks, will be keeping the Ninja so will be limited budget, seen a few on the bay of flees, at "resonable" prices.............. will be looking in the for sale section soon..........

Anyways, will be bugging the life out of some of you for info etc etc...

Darren
Old 29-05-2007, 09:35 PM   #2
Rogerg

Hi Darren

got an s4 for sale see here: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=22823
Old 29-05-2007, 10:35 PM   #3
lcjohnny

Welcome Pre-monsterman

Hi Darren good luck looking
They are more practical than people fear - just need a little mechanical love (oooh err!) and expensive oil!!

Jon
Old 30-05-2007, 08:25 AM   #4
Chappers

Welcome
Old 30-05-2007, 09:10 AM   #5
darrens_here

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerg View Post
Hi Darren

got an s4 for sale see here: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=22823

as its purely a second bike and wont get used much at all, I cant really justify spending 3k on it, will probably be looking at 2k max............. so, fancy dropping the price ?!?!?!
Old 30-05-2007, 09:23 AM   #6
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Ah but once you get a Monster you will love it so much you will decide to get rid of your ZX6wotsit and will wish you had got something bigger and faster.

BTW welcome.
Old 30-05-2007, 09:27 AM   #7
Chappers

What about this?

My mate John has a M600 (Red), R 1997/98 (I'm unsure, will confirm), 21k on the clock, MoT/Taxed til October, some service history, recently just been serviced ie. plugs, oil, oil filter, cam belt change etc.

Brand new paint job, was originally red, then someone painted it yellow and John has painted it back to red, complete with matching seat cowl and nose fairing, carbon low level cans (unsure of make, no labelling) which sound lovely, new tyre on back, almost new on front.

John has some pics he can email once he gets home tonight.

The bike is garaged in Sawtry, Cambridgeshire (nr. Huntingdon & Peterborough)

£1650 ono

Contact: John 01480 333267 (work) or 01487 831029 (home/evenings/weekends)

Last edited by Chappers; 30-05-2007 at 09:46 AM..
Old 30-05-2007, 09:37 AM   #8
Rogerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrens_here View Post
as its purely a second bike and wont get used much at all, I cant really justify spending 3k on it, will probably be looking at 2k max............. so, fancy dropping the price ?!?!?!
don't think so - can't blame me for trying
Old 31-05-2007, 12:15 PM   #9
banditloon

Welcome to the forum Darren I'm also thinking of getting a 600 or 620 Monster as a second bike. Can't keep using the 900 for the commute to work everyday!!

Or I should actually just fix the old Blandit in my garage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcjohnny View Post
They are more practical than people fear - just need a little mechanical love (oooh err!) and expensive oil!!

Jon
Mine works well after being hit with a rubber hammer and poked with a screwdriver now and again! Damn Italian wiring!! Other than that, she's fine