UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Newbie here...

Old 05-12-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
Gallese

Newbie here...

Firstly, I'd like to say what a great forum you guys and girls have going here - I'm excited to be making my first post here after recently being severely bitten by the bike bug!!

I've always been drawn to bikes and earlier this year decided to do my CBT, figuring I'd either love it or hate it. It was obviously the former, and after a DAS course and a spending spree in Riders of Bristol I am now the very proud owner of a 696 - pearl white with the Ducati tail tidy.

I have sold my car and have committed to commuting every day. Not ideal going into winter, but I figured I need to get experience and lots of it, as I'm still very much a learner having just passed my test. (I can get a lift from the Missus if there's ice/snow, but not needed her so far!)

It's so much easier to drag myself out of bed knowing that I'll be riding to work - rain or shine, doesn't make much difference - as soon as I wake up I'm checking for a frost clear driveway!!

Anyway, that's me, and I look forward being an active member here as well as making it to some events and ride outs.... btw I'm based in Cardiff - anyone local here?

Cheers!!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:54 AM   #2
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Good morning and welcome. Good bike and colour. Sorry not local to you. Keep it washed in this weather though especially underneath.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:57 AM   #3
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Welcome to the club. It's nice to see someone express the same sort of excitement of being bitten by the bike bug. And a great choice of your first bike. There are loads of 696 members around now.
Why not come and meet us all at the National Rideout on May 3rd near Stratford upon Avon.

If you need any advice just throw up a post.
And remember, get yourself some neutralizer spray for the bike if you're riding those salted roads.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #4
Arbeia

Hi m8 i was just like you with the bug and 696 welcome to the family.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #5
Bodybag

Hello anwelcome mate. Winter is the best time of year to learn to ride. You'll have more confidence as you'll be used to crap weather already. Summer learners seem to struggle a bit more in the winter.

Have fun out there and remember keep it sticky side down!!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #6
LVC
The Loire Valley Monster

Bike: S4
Welcome and enjoy yourself - and remember if you fancy a change from the UK roads we've plenty of great ones over here near Le Mans

Old 06-12-2008, 09:12 PM   #7
BluprintZ

Wink

Helo, s`mai.

siarad Cymraeg?
Croeso i ukmoc, mate!

Cofion gorau,

George.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #8
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Not the best time to start riding full time but Hey you'll really appreciate the marginally warmer summer. I moan like hell about the cold but the buzz I get every day more than makes up for the sore fingers
Take it easy but always have fun .
Old 06-12-2008, 11:28 PM   #9
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Welcome to UKMOC

Plenty of taffs on here so sure to be a few members local to you
Old 07-12-2008, 02:25 PM   #10
paul33

hello and welcome happy riding take it easy nice choice for first bike
Old 08-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #11
Gallese

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! Went to the bike show on Saturday - funny to see people taking pictures of each other sitting on a Monster, knowing there's one locked up in my garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P View Post
And remember, get yourself some neutralizer spray for the bike if you're riding those salted roads.
Thanks for the sound advice - you'll be glad to hear that the bike is now liberally soaked in Scottoilier FS 365 - determined to get it through the winter and still having it looking sparkly in the spring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluprintZ View Post
Helo, s`mai.

siarad Cymraeg?
Croeso i ukmoc, mate!

Cofion gorau,

George.
Helo, s`mai, George!
Dim siarad Cymraeg, I'm afraid
Never got the chance to learn in school - good to know my kids will though, maybe they'll teach me!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:41 PM   #12
BluprintZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallese View Post
Helo, s`mai, George!
Dim siarad Cymraeg, I'm afraid
Never got the chance to learn in school - good to know my kids will though, maybe they'll teach me!
Dim problem Matt.

I'm not so perfect with my Welsh either mate, just trying to impress you : {
Hope to see you out at the weekender next May.

G.