UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello from Ipswich

Old 08-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
Poppet

Hello from Ipswich

After passing my test 2 years ago and spending almost all of that time talking about when i get my monster, my stable has finally been graced with one, i am proud, obsessed with her sound, love her colour (red), even though orange is my favourite colour, but there you go, sometimes you just got to love them warts and all!

Hi, my name is Belinda, most people call me B or BB or boogaloo or poppet. I live near Ipswich and as said above only been in the saddle for 2 seasons now. My steed up till this weekend has been a trusty, honest Suzuki Bandit 600 and i have had quite a few happy miles on her.

I am pretty lucky, in fact i am very lucky, i have an eagle eyed husband who knows that at every opportunity i have spoken about ducati monster this, ducati monster that and so has scoured the interweb until he found the beauty i now have in the workshop.

Anyway......im a bit bike mad, love spraypainting and spending time equally in the workshop with my husband or in the saddle, here's to many happy years on my "monsta" and to making good friends and friendly conversation on the forum!

-B-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ducati 1.jpg (32.1 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg ducati 2.jpg (32.4 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg ducati 3.jpg (31.6 KB, 68 views)
Old 08-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
southfrance

Thumbs up

Bon jour from rainy France, nice red & gold paint, have the bars been lowered, looks mean without mirrors, here's to many happy miles.

SF
Old 08-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
Gamsa

Nice looking bike!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Hello from Norwich. There are some good people on here from Ipswich (I left 4 years ago so cannot count myself in there) and nice to see another lady close by.

Maybe see you around.

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
Ipswich ! The place must be overrun with monsters. Welcome aboard, I'll keep an eye open.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
BluprintZ

Hello from Welsh Wales.
The bike looks good Poppet.

G ; )
Old 08-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
Poppet

Thank you for your warm welcome and bike compliments :-)..... Nonnie, would be lovely to meet up, as soon as this weather is amicable im in the saddle :-) ....

You know Dave, i've not seen many monsters around Ipswich, at present i work right in town centre where everyone parks their bikes and can often be seen either hanging out my office window to see who's making that lovely noise or wandering aimlessly around the parked bikes over a lunch time......sad i know LOL
Old 08-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #8
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Yep pretty bike, I do like those old ally squared belt covers. Much nicer than the later plastics.
LOL Looking more like an infestation of monsters over there!!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:00 PM   #9
sburrows87

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #10
He11cat

Hi I am in Ipswich .. welcome another girl!
(do I know you.. ??? I ve spoken to someone who sounds like you online?? Do you compete with your horses? Been in the milestone when it was biker pub?.. im sure its you!
Im Melanie .. Mel to most (don't like my name shortened but hey!).
Im pretty sure we have messaged on another site about a year ago? or 2008.
Your ringing a bell with me lol.
I have very silly demented parakeet type hair pink black and white .. all of 5ft and a bit lardy.

I ride either a yam Streetfighter bright orange!! lol so you'd like him then. (got to sell him )
Or the Katana ... only one in Ipswich has a bright red glitter seat lol.
CG125 for work and the Monster at weekends.

Most of the old skool sorts here know me.. and I often nip down orwells for a natter and a cuppa. Either know me as Mel or Hells.

Everyday hack is dizzy a luminous yellow and black tiger striped CG125 rat bike lol.
I try and ride 5 days a week at least.
If you see a short dumpy woman in a Ducati corse lid on a 125 in purple camo's its me!!
I don't park in town as live by town centre so I walk in lol!

My Monster is a m600 dark his name is Hector.
He is my pride and joy and the yam needs to go so I can bling up the Hector!

Be nice if a few of us could get out and about when the weather clears up..
Harley country here!! They need educating !!
I am a total Ducati convert now.. why other bike will be sold sadly as much as I love it.

If you ever fancy a ride out for a cuppa let me know
Im no girl racer , a bit ploddy and just take my time I am afraid and as a Londoner need to get to grips with the bendy roads here.. instead of being little miss motorway and A roads lol il get there goal for this year!

The more the merrier! If I mention CAKE that may prick some ears up lol.

There is another lady who rides a black M600 with her partner on a ST4 .. but she isn't out a lot.. and comes to see him from Essex.
Any work needs doing then I would recommend Carl Harrison he's fab!
Feel free to Pm me and hope to have a coffee or tea soon!

Theres a couple of us who go out and about .. so your not alone!
Old 09-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #11
scrapps

hello and a warm welcome from kent.(even if it is bloody freezing today brrr)
Old 10-02-2010, 09:16 AM   #12
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Hi Poppet and welcome!
I'm down the road, just out side Sudbury.
Are you a fish and chip lover? Some of us meet up in Southwold at the weekend for chips!
Hopefully see you there.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #13
Rich750Dark

Horaay! Another one from Ipswich. i'm liking the colour of the frame, very nice.

As the forum name suggests, mines a 750 Dark. Don't get out on it as much as i'd like but haven't had it a year yet (Only passed my test a month before!) so there's plenty of time left and i can't see me moving on for ages. I'm still making my mind up as to whether it's a gal or guy. I'm going with gal as it sounds better for a man to say but she's not been tempremental at all so it may be a chap after all.................

Anyhoo, hopefully, as Hellcat says, we'll all get out together in the warmer days soon to come.

Oh, Dave, there are quite a few around here but there don't seem to be many that come on here. I'll have to make up some "business cards" to stick to them whenever i see them. Try and get some more local goings on.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #14
He11cat

lol if this snow ever stops !!! sledging anyone??
Old 10-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #15
Diego

welcome poppet !!!! nice bike.