UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » new member

Old 22-11-2015, 02:14 PM   #1
Wassanator

hi everyone just picked up my italiian lover 2010 696 a couple of days ago , been out today and yesterday its fantastic . had a kawisaki versys before very top heavy and on tip toes when standing. so glad I went for the monster its light comfy and easy in the courners so pleased with it. belts have just been done so im guessing im ok for another 7000 miles . so what should I get done on a smaller service im guessing the basics oil filter and new plugs but is there anything else you guys could advise me on , also do I need genuine ducati parts and service .

cheers
Old 22-11-2015, 02:25 PM   #2
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hi Wassanator, from a fellow 696 owner not a million miles away from you in Farnborough. Like you, I was attracted by the low seat, light weight and great handling of the 696.

I'm not very mechanically minded myself, so can't advise directly on what you need to do and when, but there are plenty of folks on here who do know what they're talking about. (Me - I just take my bike back to Snells in Alton for servicing as I don't enjoy all the oily jobs!)

If you do your own servicing, MotoRapido in Winchester have a helpful parts department with a good reputation on here (and offer a 10% discount to UKMOC members).
MrsC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2015, 03:51 PM   #3
Wassanator

yes thankyou mrs c just been looking at the weekender you and your husband are putting together in wales and saw where you were from have to meet up for tea sometime ha ha ha .my wife doesn't ride but is always willing to party and supply back up car . stay safe hope you are well
Old 22-11-2015, 02:32 PM   #4
kevrobot

Welcome, welcome! I'm a newbie too. I've only recently picked up an m600 so won't be able to help out too much as I'm still learning this bike. Seems like you're definately in the right place to ask and learn though.
Enjoy and ride safe mate.
Kev
Old 22-11-2015, 03:51 PM   #5
Wassanator

thanks Kev you too
Old 22-11-2015, 03:58 PM   #6
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Welcome to the club. Enjoy the bike.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2015, 04:12 PM   #7
Wassanator

thanks Albie
Old 22-11-2015, 04:23 PM   #8
Wassanator

Hi mrs C not wanting to come across as a weirdo but do you guys travel up to devils punch bowl, newlands courner and box hill. next time your out give us a shout .
Old 22-11-2015, 06:09 PM   #9
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hi Wassanator, our usual coffee/bacon butty Sunday morning destination is Loomies rather than Box Hill or Devils Punchbowl or Newlands Corner. We also make it to some of the Hampshire/Wiltshire UKMOC monthly brekkie meets (Salisbury or Amesbury).

You and your wife would be very welcome at next year's Weekender. Your wife would not be the only non-riding spouse turning up in a car if you did both decide to come along.
MrsC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2015, 06:47 PM   #10
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Welcome aboard!
The weekender is a great way to meet members of the club, old and new. People regularly turn up on 'naughty bikes' and or with spouses in cars. Join in and have a great weekend.
Old 22-11-2015, 10:03 PM   #11
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Hello and welcome

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 06:10 PM   #12
Wassanator

thanks everyone