UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New 1100 EVO Owner

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #1
mattyfish16

New 1100 EVO Owner

Hi,

So I bought my first ducati..... a 1198s..... I know what you are thinking, this is a ducati monster forum... however my story continues. The 1198s is an outstanding machine, a born and bred racer... and that's the problem... its a racer. You need to go a billion miles an hour to get enjoyment out of the damn thing otherwise you get pain, as she doesn't like going slow, at all....

So I swapped it for a spanking new 1100EVO, with full termi kit, ECU and Race filter.... what a machine. Just nudging over 400 miles now and you can feel the engine easing itself into submission. A nimble quick machine, and one that gets better by the mile, a smile that dons the face far sooner that on the 1198s.... that machine makes sense on the track, but the monster, 9/10 times, makes sense on the road.

Am I saying the EVO is a better bike.... technically no, for sheer power and performance, the 1198s wins hands down, but for fun factor, you cant beat the comfort and controllability of the monster. By far the best bike ive ridden... the GF has also just ordered a 696..... great... (LOL)

Work hard, play hard.... im 26 years old, and just love riding. Any questions, just ask away...

Matt