UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » Rare Tricolore Monster S4

Old 04-05-2020, 04:17 PM   #1
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Rare Tricolore Monster S4

Nothing to do with me but, as these don't come up for sale very often, if ever I thought I would link it up. The seller is correct in that there are only a very few of these in the UK, 6 were SORN including my own the last time I checked with DVLA.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ducati-S4...4/114193827857

A full monty S4 with a very full monty price. Would be interesting to see if it sells at that as they only cost that much from new!

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:19 AM   #2
Nottsbiker

Looks like a Foggy rep to me
Old 07-05-2020, 11:00 AM   #3
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

It is, and pretty much original and complete including the stands, which I don't have for mine. I was able to find a rear one though. I think they came with a cover and a jacket too originally. Couple of bits changed/missing but nothing major.

Only concern is the low mileage as it's barely done any miles since new so it probably is a collector piece not a rider, which is shame because they are great to ride. I've never been keen on the colour scheme myself but if you don't include the one off Tricolore M900 they gave him it's the first limited production tricolore Monster. Mine's so far from original now though but even higher spec and so much better I don't care as it's a rider, not a show piece.

I think the price is optimistic, Ducati Manchester had one recently at 14k but it didn't sell for a long time. I think they dropped the price to 9-10k and it sold at that pretty quick though.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:15 AM   #4
Ron1000

Bike: M1100evo
I like it, I like it a lot…except the price ouch
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:55 AM   #5
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Yea, and it's easy enough to make a standard S4 to the same spec for a lot less. Besides the marmite paint job most of it is standard DP S4 parts and so if you can find them it's pretty easy to do. the other alternative is get an S4R and put it on a diet which probably would be the cheaper option tbh plus you get the stonking 996 DQ or 998 Testastretta motor as a bonus. The Testastretta version can be easily tuned to over 130bhp SBK S4RS spec. That (S4RS) would be the go to mental Monster upgrade for me, but prices tend to reflect that though unfortunately. Still a good buy at 7K!