UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » How’s the boredom for everyone?

Old 16-04-2020, 05:41 PM   #46
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I didn't know that about the pikeys but I can understand the hush treatment about it, because if word got out about that they would try to take over everywhere. They nicked all the railway signal cabling one morning so the trains couldn't run and I couldn't get to work and another time one girl I know had her copper gas pipe stolen so when she woke up and found the heating didn't work it was when they could smell gas and went outside it was obvious what had happened, but this was on new years day so you can imagine. How considerate and Happy new year to them too! I have absolutely no sympathy for the scumbags!

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2020, 09:51 AM   #47
mickj

Bike: M1200s
There was a police report out recently which stated that crime was 50% higher in areas with pikeys but they didn't want to be accused of harassment so it goes unpunished. Chuck em out, if they want to travel make them do it and move them on, scum.
Old 17-04-2020, 11:54 AM   #48
rollo22

Bike: M1100evo
This is my Boredom Therapy

Old 17-04-2020, 12:00 PM   #49
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I'm surprised and disgusted by the racist rants and hatred in the last posts. Not something I want to be seeing on here!
It's natural for people to fear what they don't understand and it's clear that you don't understand, as your facts and figures are wrong.
Yes there is a disproportional amount of crime found among SOME traveller and Gypsy sites and there is certainly a portion of their members who are vile and live a life of crime... You can say the same about any sector of society (including "bikers")

The vast majority of Travellers and Gypsies are trying hard to live clean ,wholesome ,legal lives and get their children into education, against the prejudices that prevail. Someone very close to me works for a local authority and helps Travellers and Gypsies to integrate with "normal" society, to settle, to pay taxes and to get their children into schools... It's an uphill struggle against the prejudice, the lack of education in the older population, particularly the women, and the damage to their reputation by a rotten few!

Just think, if you are treated badly as a motorcyclist. Is this the result of a prejudice formed by a hooligan or hooligans somewhere down the line.. Are we all murderous villains?

I once heard a very wise man say to a loud prejudiced idiot " Of course a sweeping statement is always the easiest to make, as it requires little thought." They were strong words spoken softly and it belittled the loud one in front of quite a crowd.. I'll never forget it.

I'd just like you to think about what you have said.. That's all. Hope I don't hear this kind of talk on here again.
Old 17-04-2020, 12:22 PM   #50
slob

well said Gary
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2020, 01:58 PM   #51
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
I'm surprised and disgusted by the racist rants and hatred in the last posts. Not something I want to be seeing on here!
It's natural for people to fear what they don't understand and it's clear that you don't understand, as your facts and figures are wrong.
Yes there is a disproportional amount of crime found among SOME traveller and Gypsy sites and there is certainly a portion of their members who are vile and live a life of crime... You can say the same about any sector of society (including "bikers")

The vast majority of Travellers and Gypsies are trying hard to live clean ,wholesome ,legal lives and get their children into education, against the prejudices that prevail. Someone very close to me works for a local authority and helps Travellers and Gypsies to integrate with "normal" society, to settle, to pay taxes and to get their children into schools... It's an uphill struggle against the prejudice, the lack of education in the older population, particularly the women, and the damage to their reputation by a rotten few!

Just think, if you are treated badly as a motorcyclist. Is this the result of a prejudice formed by a hooligan or hooligans somewhere down the line.. Are we all murderous villains?

I once heard a very wise man say to a loud prejudiced idiot " Of course a sweeping statement is always the easiest to make, as it requires little thought." They were strong words spoken softly and it belittled the loud one in front of quite a crowd.. I'll never forget it.

I'd just like you to think about what you have said.. That's all. Hope I don't hear this kind of talk on here again.
Well said and thanks.
Old 17-04-2020, 09:42 PM   #52
jerry
Old Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
I'm not bored at all really. See it as a retirement test. Yes cant go out unless its important but nothings more important than keeping us safe.
Annoyed that I am in limbo not having yet got either Monster frame to painter or got some more aerosol enough to try to do it again so that's shelved. Everything is now bagged and stored safely.
Garage is getting cleaned and getting bikes cleaned and running maybe to sell some on once this is over.

The Cuciollo is together and now just awaits some brake parts so I can ride her. Have ordered a leather tool roll for rear of the Brooks seat.

93280425-10222610132227139-1476682586125238272-o

Today though I have got the Scrambler out into the light. 16 months not used and was due to MoT this April to ride it again. Its changed slightly again since Mike posted Geoffs old FT parts the tail chop kit as such. I also bought a brand new Classic mudguard kit for a bargain from Laguna Ducati. Not using the rear as yet but the aluminium mudguard looks nice replacing the plastic yellow one. I will be changing back the tank panels to aluminium originals too from the black anodised ones. Geoffs handlebars also fitted on my bike. Thinking about him in this time for sure.

Yamahas will get the cleaning treatment tomorrow.

That looks so good
Old 17-04-2020, 09:53 PM   #53
jerry
Old Git

I understand what ur saying and i actually know decent traveller and Gypsy people ,and they are also disgusted and worried as it affect then with what certain Irish Pikeys have done in Brighton and Sussex area , but what has happened around Brighton has been in the national press and its out of control ,, but the Greens and labour councils actually helped and encouraged the problem ,, at locals expense and the cops are afraid to to anything , It was only when central government stepped in and sent police units from London and Essex into the area that things calmed down ,some of the troublemakers were returned to Eire , but refused entry as they were booted out of their own country due to the problems and crime ,, Now they have gone to the EU ???
Old 18-04-2020, 06:53 AM   #54
slob

just leave it in the national press then (they never sensationalise anything to sell more papers or have another agenda) move on and keep your politics and hatred off this site.
Old 18-04-2020, 07:26 AM   #55
slob

Duncan, they're very tidy, were they savagely expensive?

Albie, are your rear indicators pointing upwards rather than backwards?

Last edited by slob; 18-04-2020 at 07:29 AM..
Old 18-04-2020, 07:52 AM   #56
rollo22

Bike: M1100evo
Rob about the same as Rizoma $85 from New Rage Cycles
Old 18-04-2020, 11:50 AM   #57
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Yea, let's leave out the politics 'cos were sh!t at that and leave that to fbook and the likes. Let's just keep it about bikes, which we're great at!

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2020, 12:43 PM   #58
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
Duncan, they're very tidy, were they savagely expensive?

Albie, are your rear indicators pointing upwards rather than backwards?
No they are rizoma 3 way. I thought they were level honest guv. You know I have to go and check now.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2020, 12:45 PM   #59
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
That looks so good
Thanks Jerry
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2020, 07:24 PM   #60
rac3r

Those Scramblers are expensive... because of all aftermarket bits you can get for them!