UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Fuels & Oils » Monster 695 Fuel Pump Woes......

Old 19-05-2020, 10:00 AM   #16
Kentgent

Help required

Anyone know the

Monster 695 (late 2007)

1. Correct ducati part number for just the fuel pump

2. The correct Bosch part number for just the fuel pump

3. Whether the Bosch fuel pump needs any modification or is it a straight replacement.....I read one suppiler in Germany that says something has to be taken off with a Dremel before it will fit.......given their English was as good as my german - I am not sure what needs modifying or if anything at all....

HELP!! Before I set light to the darn thing and go for a japanese bike.....and that hurts as I am Half-Italian......!!!
Old 19-05-2020, 10:11 AM   #17
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Don't just assume the replacement part work because they are new, i'd recheck them anyway. Don't ask how I know
Old 19-05-2020, 10:41 AM   #18
uncle duke

Bike: S2r 1000
I had very much the same thing happen on my s2r , actually on a ukmoc run when it stopped a couple of times then was fine & then about a week later when it slowly died at the traffic lights anyway to cut a long story short it was very intermittent & i first thought that it was the appoxy/wires problem but it was the fuel pump & a genuine one is incredibly expensive but Carl Harrison got one for about £100 so might be worth giving him a ring to see if he can get an alternative for you .
Hope this helps
uncle duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 11:28 AM   #19
Kentgent

@ Mick, I understand you, but this was working just fine, and checked with Exact Fit UK where I got the new harness from and they haven't had a single return in 5 years, so I am going to go with that part is OK......

Duke, thank you - its where my mind was heading......I think I may have had a lucky 'disturbance ' (not in the force...lol......) when I changed the harness, and the pump kicked in for a while.....there was some brown stuff in the tank (now, now) which I cleaned out, with it being a plastic tank it can't be rust....looked a little like varnish.....? If thats inside the tank, then its also inside the pump presumably.....

Not aware of Carl Harrison......is he on here? (Sorry Carl if you are...lol) how do I get hold of him?
Old 19-05-2020, 12:28 PM   #20
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentgent View Post
Anyone know the

Monster 695 (late 2007)

1. Correct ducati part number for just the fuel pump
I don't think Ducati sell the pump separately; you'd have to buy the whole flange assembly. Have you dismissed the £129 ExactFit option (see post #4)? Part no. FP-DUC it's listed as fitting the 2007-2008 695.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentgent View Post
Not aware of Carl Harrison......is he on here? (Sorry Carl if you are...lol) how do I get hold of him?
http://www.carlharrisonmotorcycles.co.uk/

Last edited by Luddite; 19-05-2020 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: Price change and part no. added
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 12:30 PM   #21
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
There are plenty for sale on a certain on line auction site around £25-30. They list them for 620, 695 696 which all have different arrangements afaik. Interesting the same place list a separate pump for the S2R which I would have thought would be more like what you have in the 695. But I couldn't say for sure.

I couldn't find a Ducati part number for the pump on it's own on Stein Dinse site only the whole thing at £800 +

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 12:45 PM   #22
slob

https://www.euromotoelectrics.com/product-p/fp-998.htm
I assume this is the one you found, instructions look fairly straight forward

Last edited by slob; 19-05-2020 at 12:51 PM..
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 01:08 PM   #23
Kentgent

Yes thats the one.......Anything that has to be dremel-ed off isn't exactly a like for like swap now is it?
Old 19-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #24
Kentgent

Yep - thats what happened to me - ordered one at the start of this whole saga - for around £ 28....when it arrived it was obviously Made in China c**p and was thicker (fatter) by about 2 mm than what was coming out.......so had to send it back....when the FWires kit seemed to do the trick, I thought "ah the fuel pump must be ok" but i think it was the culprit all along - or at least one of two faults......the other being the epoxy which I have cured.....
I think the S2R is more than likely the right one too.......Part o. I had was 4304004A - I thought "a-ha"! as it was listed for a long succession of different models, including the 695 but when chatting with Moto Rpaido earlier, the chap said it "might" not be the right one, as those different models have different tanks/flanges/ some plastic some steel.....so he couldn't see how the pump could fit all of them....but he said he wasn't sure.....
Old 19-05-2020, 01:20 PM   #25
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

This is the one I was looking at: -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-DUCAT...4AAOSwMmBVwiKU

It's a UK company and 2 year warranty. Interesting the flow rate (l/h) is more than double what the Bosch one is which they say is as OEM one 255l/h.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 01:43 PM   #26
Kentgent

Wasn't that particular one, but very similar - looks like they've copied each other's adverts etc etc......

Nowhere near a fit, let alone a good one.....the one I was delivered anyway.,....luckily I got a full refund and returned.
Old 19-05-2020, 01:56 PM   #27
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
The 620, 695, S2R 800 & 1000 all share the same flange assembly (16021351A); the later 696/796/1100 have a different flange, (oval rather than round), but the pump itself may well be the same.

I would email Stu at ExactFit sales@exactuk.com and ask for confirmation that it will work on your model and also that it is a straight swap with no Dremmeling/modifications needed.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 03:42 PM   #28
Kentgent

Hi there and thanks - already had that chat with Stuart this morning - said I would return to him for their pump if I couldn't find the Bosch alternative as CCW one is circa £ 128 whereas the Bosch seem to be around the £ 60 mark......

Will give Carl another ring this afternoon as he wasn't around when I called earlier...maybe he can shed some light on the Bosch or similar alternative..... otherwise yes, definitely CCW/Exactfit.
Old 19-05-2020, 06:39 PM   #29
Kentgent

Quick update - took out the flange (AGAIN) this afternoon........

I DO Apologise to MJGT (Mick) - as much as I didn't want you to be, you were right......brand new F Wires kit from CCW developed an open circuit in less than 4-6 weeks in British fuel........it has degraded during the 4-6 weeks its been in the tank as it worked fine (excellent in fact) when I fitted it.....now O/C on the red wire......
Can only be a part defect as the thing is in the tank and not a movable object........will be interesting to see exactly WHERE it failed (i.e. in the epoxy again - must be as its a static part......doesn't move.....only thing acting on it is the ethanol in the fuel at the epoxy joint......)_

Bit concerning that its gone in only 4-6 weeks.......hopefully just a faulty manufactured one.......and hopefully I will get a replacement as I threw the Ducati one when I fitted this. Less than a year old and fitted for about 4-6 weeks......should be ok....
Old 20-05-2020, 10:24 AM   #30
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Thanks mate, no apology necessary, 30 years working in electronics has made me question whether a "new" part is serviceable just because it comes in a shiny new label and bag. I have chased my tail more than once in the past. Hope you new "new" part fixes it. Ethanol in fuel is a disaster.

Tags
695fuelpump