UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Hyper Flasing Indicators

Old 03-05-2020, 01:10 PM   #1
GeoffM800

Hyper Flasing Indicators

Hi Crew - I've just replaced my old indicators (front n rear) on my '03 M800ie with LED units ..and now have a hyper-flashing issue. Can anyone tell me where I can get a relay that's a direct fit...plug n play. I'm currently residing in Japan so it'd need to be easy to order/obtain..cant just pop down the road and pick one up (and my nearest Duc dealer is in another city, over an hour away..and they don't have anything).The existing unit is a NARVA 68062 and is small ..there's hardly any space in there under the tank so it'd need to match!! Any help would be appreciated, I don't want to wire in resistors as I may want to change it back..one day.
Cheers... Geoff
Old 03-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #2
rollo22

Bike: M1100evo
Could try using resistors on each indicator
Old 03-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #3
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ght=indicators
you need to wire in resistors one way or another, the flasher relay on 800ie is on the circuit board in the clocks. The two relays under the tank are the main electrical relay and the fuel system relay.

Last edited by slob; 03-05-2020 at 01:17 PM..
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 06:02 AM   #4
GeoffM800

thanks slob...dammit, I was trying to avoid wiring surgery..but looks like it's going to be the way to go.. much appreciated.. Does that mean resistors need to go on each indicator??..or odes one resistor (somewhere ?) in the circuit suffice - as you'll have guessed Im not too good at bike electrics..
Old 17-05-2020, 06:05 AM   #5
GeoffM800

thanks rollo22, on each?..does that mean I'd need to install 4 resistors to cover both front and rear indicators?? Where would they sit..im not to good on bike electrics..
Old 17-05-2020, 07:58 AM   #6
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
I've got one per side on mine just infront of the rear indicators under the seat, or you could just replace your flasher relay with an LED specific one