UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » new lockdown rules

Old 11-05-2020, 02:36 PM   #1
Tim88

Bike: M1100evo
new lockdown rules

As I understand it we are free to drive (or ride?) to outdoor spaces regardless of distance in order to exercise or sunbathe etc. from wednesday onward. I am going to pop out to Richmond Park in the morning, hope to get a coffee at the car park, if the kiosk is open, and hang around for a while. First ride since lock down. What have others got planned?
Tim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 02:54 PM   #2
chris.p
Gold Member

Bike: No Bike Yet!
I will probably give it another week or so just for the peace of mind that the usual idiots on Lincolnshire roads have calmed themselves down first
chris.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 03:26 PM   #3
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
No change here, a few short walks in the park over the last few weeks indicates I’m surrounded by idiots, being led by donkeys doesn’t help either.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 03:35 PM   #4
hhmunro

Bike: M900
I have vowed on social media not to comment at the moment, and, believe Me, that has been tough...But I guess I can have a little release here... I live in Spain where the lockdown has been pretty thorough, and, although, for us on one of the islands, we have recently been given a little more freedom, THIS VIRUS HAS NOT GONE AWAY... I don't plan to change my behaviour here, shop once a week, in the supermarket nearest to us, use the bikes for essential errands that we are permitted and don't require carrying, bank, IT shops. I feel the majority of people on this forum are in the 'vulnerable' group, age, weight, male, so why risk it because you are allowed more freedom? It is the use of the word lockdown that offends me, this is to keep people as safe as we can, and protect the emergency services, just be sensible, we are not being forced to walk into machine gun fire, just to stay at home, and it is your home, so, I assume you like it? Mind you, I have not met your partners...
Old 11-05-2020, 03:49 PM   #5
slob

saw this on social media, kinda sums it up

I think I’ve worked it out...

* 4 year olds can go to school but university students who have paid for their tuition and the accommodation they aren’t living in, can’t go to into university.

* I can go to school with many 4 year olds that I’m not related to but can’t see one 4 year old that I am related to.

* I can sit in a park, but not tomorrow or Tuesday but by Wednesday that’ll be fine.

* I can meet one person from another household for a chat or to sunbathe but not two people so if I know two people from another household I have to pick my favourite. Hopefully, I’m also their favourite person from my household or this could be awkward. It’s possible I’m not. In fact, thinking about it I’m almost definitely not. But I can’t go closer than 2m to the one I choose anyway so you wouldn’t think having the other one sat next to them would matter - unless two people would restrict my eyeline too much and prevent me from being alert.

* I can work all day with my colleagues but I can’t sit in their garden for a chat after work.

* I can now do unlimited exercise when quite frankly just doing an hour a day felt like I was some kind of fitness guru. I can think of lots of things that I would like to be unlimited but exercise definitely isn’t one of them.

* I can drive to other destinations although which destinations is unclear. I was supposed to be in Brighton this weekend. Can I drive there? It’s hundreds of miles away but no one has said that’s wrong.

* The buses are still running past my house but I shouldn’t get on one. We should just let empty buses drive around so bus drivers aren’t doing nothing.

* It will soon be time to quarantine people coming into the country by air... but not yet. It’s too soon. And not ever if you’re coming from France because... well, I don’t do know why, actually. Because the French version of coronavirus wouldn’t come to the UK maybe.

* Our youngest children go back to school first because... they are notoriously good at not touching things they shouldn’t, maintain personal space at all times and never randomly lick you.

* We are somewhere in between 3.5 and 4.5 on a five point scale where 5 is all of the virus and 1 is none of the virus but 2,3 and 4 can be anything you’d like it to be really. Some of the virus? A bit of the virus? Just enough virus to see off those over 70s who were told to self isolate but now we’ve realised that they’ve done that a bit too well despite us offloading coronavirus patients into care homes and now we are claiming that was never said in the first place, even though it’s in writing in the stay at home guidance.

* The slogan isn’t stay at home any more.So we don’t have to say at home. Except we do. Unless we can’t. In which case we should go out. But there will be fines if we break the rules. So don’t do that.

Don’t forget...

Stay alert... which Robert Jenrick has explained actually means Stay home as much as possible. Obviously.

Control the virus. Well, I can’t even control my dogs and I can actually see them. Plus I know a bit about dogs and very little about controlling viruses.

Save lives. Always preferable to not saving lives, I’d say, so I’ll try my best with that
one, although hopefully I don’t need telling to do that. I know I’m bragging now but not NOT saving lives is something I do every day.

So there you are. If you’re the weirdo wanting unlimited exercise then enjoy. But not until Wednesday. Obviously.

PS When can Year 7 go back to school? Not even asking for a friend!
Old 11-05-2020, 03:55 PM   #6
hhmunro

So... Rob/Slob, why is there no 'Really Like' Button on this forum? Top summary...
Old 11-05-2020, 04:37 PM   #7
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

At least you can go for a ride somewhere and meet someone, then go somewhere else and meet someone else! etc, etc

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 05:17 PM   #8
dacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmunro View Post
So... Rob/Slob, why is there no 'Really Like' Button on this forum? Top summary...
Have to agree with hhmunro on both his posts, especially this one. Came close to wetting myself reading Slob's post, but that may just be because I'm at that 'vulnerable' age - you know, the ones that the government decided to try to terrify in order to get everyone else to take them seriously when they realised that it wasn't just turbocharged flu.
Sorry if it sounds like a rant, it's my age ........
Old 11-05-2020, 10:15 PM   #9
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Slob: right on the button, at the risk of being political, here is my tuppence worth.
All the while we have been told they, the government, are being led by the science yet they have not had a coherent testing programme. Science based on guesses about how many have been infected and how many have had it and shown no appreciable symptoms is not scientific at all, just guesses.
If lockdown was important 6 or 8 weeks ago how do they know when they relax it that there will not be a second wave if they do not have the faintest clue how many of the population have immunity.
The guidelines show all the signs of having been written in a hurry by a committee who were completely isolated from each other and then modified to be economically, then politically expedient, having made sure that no one at the helm carries any can for anything that might go wrong downstream.
Unfortunately, we have a media in this country that seems incapable of providing a coherent challenge and really holding the politicians/bureaucrats feet to the fire so whatever happens, it will not be anybody's fault and a bit of a shame that 20/30/50 thousand died and the economy was ruined for the next 3 decades.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:27 PM   #10
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
No change here, a few short walks in the park over the last few weeks indicates I’m surrounded by idiots, being led by donkeys doesn’t help either.
That's being very generous all round
Old 11-05-2020, 10:31 PM   #11
slob

I didn't write it, it was on a friend of a friend's social media account

The problem with "The Science" is it doesn't really exist yet: At this stage it's a discussion between experts in the relevant fields until someone proves something, which in the case of a novel virus may take months or more likely, years ...

#stay home, stay safe!
Old 11-05-2020, 10:37 PM   #12
rac3r

Now I'll probably be staying at home like I have been but I've never understood why you can't go for a drive/ride on your own? I understand to begin with it was to keep the emergency services and road free.

Anyway people around here seem to be driving worse than normal, will be madness come the weekend!
Old 11-05-2020, 11:14 PM   #13
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
I got a new job as a swimming instructor. I'll be working from home.

upload photos to website