UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » National Events » Weekender Archive » Monster Weekender 2021 » Weekender anyone?, 2021

Old 28-06-2021, 09:47 PM   #226
Moco1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredduke View Post
Huge thanks to Mike for organising an excellent Weekender. The hotel, food and staff were terrific!
Thanks to Gazza for the brilliant trophies. It would be nice if the photographer would send the images to Chris at Desmoworld & of course, Barbara. I'm sure they would be really chuffed to see them.
Hi Paul,

Sent to both,Barb has commented she is “ proud” we have done this, so box ticked with her which is great.

Thanks once again for your company mate, see you soon I hope, East Kirby ?, hope the gazebo didn’t hinder progress home!
Old 28-06-2021, 09:51 PM   #227
Moco1961

Great to know you are back home safe and sound James, you needed to go around a few roundabouts to catch Dave R up on the mileage front!

Thanks once again for your company, at least the weather gods were with us during the weekend itself ,dry ride home I hope.
Old 28-06-2021, 09:58 PM   #228
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Thursday started well, dry and bright with a gleaming Monster and dacs for company on his M1000Sie. As you know, it conked out about 30 miles in. Dacs insisted I carried on to meet Grumpy, while he was recovered to continue on his M750 on Friday.

Grumpy and I rode on to the digs in North Yorkshire via Lincolnshire. It rained and Grumpy's visor broke!

Visor damage assessment stop at Whitby Abbey. Note reasonably clean bikes.

View from the digs... Smashing when the Sun came out just long enough for supper al fresco, with a sea view.

Friday it rained hard all day until about 30 miles shy of Barrow and we managed to find the filthiest road in Yorkshire! My total miles from home to the gig; 424.
Saturday was fabulous with Adie leading the run at a sensible rate in sunshine with stunning views of all the scenery we missed yesterday in the murk and mire.

Sunday was gloriously laid back, we even had a train ride.

Colin was chuffed to bits!

I loved the views of the Isle of Man from the coast road.
Sympathy and empathy for Chris with his fuelling incident, but a great display of camaraderie to get him back on the road with hopefully no damage. You're in an elite set now Chris with the best..

Simply fabulous company all weekend, great rides, great views.. Magnificent!! Well done North West section.. And thank you all.

Hit rain on the gruelling A1 portion of the ride home, arrived home about 4pm after 980 miles over the 5 days out.

Old 28-06-2021, 10:13 PM   #229
Moco1961

Great post and pics Gary, glad you made it back with no issues to report,looks like you did the most miles…… unless Dacs can tell a different story
Old 29-06-2021, 06:51 AM   #230
adie851

Bike: S4r
Diesel brothers...!!!!....
adie851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 06:59 AM   #231
adie851

Bike: S4r
Thanks to Mike for organising a FAB weekender.....great hotel ,food,location and fellow Ducatisti....hope you all enjoyed the rideouts over the event. Thanks to everyone whom voted for my S4R, totallly unexpected, a nice surprise..thanks also to GAZA for making the excellent trophies...quality....well done.....lastly I hope you all arrived home safely........hope to see you all at another event soon...
Cheers,adie851...
adie851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 08:20 AM   #232
ColinS2R

Bike: S2r
So finally photos edited and ready but you're probably bored of seeing yet another Ducati?

Before that, HUGE thanks to everyone I met for being patient with me and giving me so much advice during the weekend. just by watching you guys (and Barbara!) ride taught me so much......
Lessons learnt- (in no particular order)

CHECK TYRE PRESSURES REGULARLY (thanks for the spot Mark!!)
I'm a better rider than I thought I was
I still have so much more to learn
I need to ride more
Autosol ( or was it AutoGlym? darn it!!) and card behind the chain ..simple when you know how..(thanks Adie!)
Balls of the feet on the pegs...I'd forgotten about that (thanks Barbara!)
The drop off system aint scary

Theres more but you get the picture!
Massive thanks to Mike for organising a fantastic weekender the first of many I hope for me..

Last edited by ColinS2R; 29-06-2021 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: add photos
ColinS2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 08:25 AM   #233
the lodger

Bike: M900
Thank you so much to Mike and others involved in organising what was a very successful and enjoyable week-end. Give yourselves a pat on the back It was also really nice to behave like (near ) normal again too. Seems so long since I did .

I hadn't met anyone in the club apart from Adie before the event but I can say that without fail everyone who attended was pleasant , easy to talk to and good company.

It was most unexpected to win Bike of the Year . I think you must have been nice to the new boy but I'm very proud all the same . I have negotiated a nice spot on the kitchen wall for display purposes as we are not rich enough to own a mantlepiece to put it on. Maybe it was Gasa's oil cooler cover that swayed the voters. Buy now while stocks last and you too could win next year's Bike of the year !

Thanks again

Nigel

Last edited by Moco1961; 29-06-2021 at 08:40 AM..
the lodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 08:26 AM   #234
ColinS2R

Old 29-06-2021, 08:28 AM   #235
Moco1961

Photos

well done Colin, you solved the picture upload puzzle, there will be no stopping you now ! Carry on mate, lets see some great shots !
Old 29-06-2021, 08:33 AM   #236
Moco1961

caption competition

..."pssst Chris, there is a bloke in Dainese leathers stealing your fuel mate ! "

...."Chris, I know diesel is cheaper but it does'nt work in Ducati's !"
Old 29-06-2021, 08:38 AM   #237
ColinS2R

Old 29-06-2021, 08:39 AM   #238
Moco1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by adie851 View Post
....hope you all enjoyed the rideouts over the event.
Expertly led by yourself , big thanks to you mate. You see all that mis-spent youth paid off in the end
Old 29-06-2021, 08:39 AM   #239
ColinS2R

Running repair.....
Old 29-06-2021, 08:43 AM   #240
Moco1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by the lodger View Post
Thank you so much to Mike and others involved in organising what was a very successful and enjoyable week-end. Give yourselves a pat on the back It was also really nice to behave like (near ) normal again too. Seems so long since I did .

I hadn't met anyone in the club apart from Adie before the event but I can say that without fail everyone who attended was pleasant , easy to talk to and good company.

It was most unexpected to win Bike of the Year . I think you must have been nice to the new boy but I'm very proud all the same . I have negotiated a nice spot on the kitchen wall for display purposes as we are not rich enough to own a mantlepiece to put it on. Maybe it was Gasa's oil cooler cover that swayed the voters. Buy now while stocks last and you too could win next year's Bike of the year !

Thanks again

Nigel
Nigel, pleasure to meet you and Susan, glad you enjoyed the weekend and now you will be sucked into the North West Chapter of this fine club !! As discussed get your thinking cap on, we are looking forward to you leading us out on more of those fine roads in your area.

well done on bike of the year,Gaza can advise on handlebar clamp engraving if you want to follow suit ! you have bragging rights for a year only !!