UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » Old style clutch bleed screw on case , not sealing ?

Old 25-08-2024, 06:49 PM   #1
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Old style clutch bleed screw on case , not sealing ?

Bike 1991 750ss clutch slave in right hand case ,, not bleeding seems the new bleed screw is not long enough ?? so air and fluid still coming through to bleeder even when fully closed .. seems this type of clutch needs a long tipped bleed screw the old one was trashed , new one is stainless but im suspecting it needs to be longer by 3 or 4mm to seat and close the circuit ???
Old 25-08-2024, 08:58 PM   #2
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

I think its this one Jerry. M10x1 15mm
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186574478...mis&media=COPY

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2024, 11:13 AM   #3
jerry
Old Git

No Darren that part is exactly what I have and its not sealing , its not long enough does not touch bottom of shaft its the type that into clutch housing of right hand side of bike 1991 750ss
Old 26-08-2024, 12:24 PM   #4
jerry
Old Git

Ok found a 20mm longer one and it works but now the coffin style clutch master cylinder seals are not sealing properly so I need a rebuild kit for one .. any ideas ????

Im totally pissed off , my mental health has not been good again , and the monster gearboix is still jammed by the neutral switch , it just will not come out ... also my daughter bike the only one I have to ride its clutch cable broke today just as I was going for a calming down ride ,,

it just one more problem after another bikes , cars , daughters pregnacy , Moho, ...

Everything is pissing me off , my family, my health , my ADHD , the terrible diet the doctors have made me start , so i have totally lost interest in food , now they are complaining im under weight, at 65kg every day I get the feeling life just in not worth it anymore at 66 , nothing is getting better , nothing to look forward too,,, tired all the time ,,