UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Its...........

Old 10-12-2021, 09:31 AM   #1
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Its...........

About this time of year with the Solstice trudging down on us, that you get some bright spark chirping up with some lunatic idea for next Summer, like a gang ride from Ness point to land's End or a ride through London's Thames tunnels at midnight in a heatwave.
Sometimes we even get to find out where the next weekender will be.
Great time to post up ideas as they soon get fully subscribed by bored riders, fed up with the long nights and grey days. ..
Old 10-12-2021, 02:11 PM   #2
Ron1000

Bike: M1100evo

This is actually me. Was seriously considering putting dates in the calendar for Scottish monster meets…fingers crossed mines is working by them.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 01:27 PM   #3
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Well I’m firmly crossing my fingers for WDW. I don’t know if anyone’s planning a weekender, but I suspect if a hotel wasn’t booked last September it’ll be hard to find an indoor venue. Even with prebooking it’s taken herculean efforts by Mike to get things together during the pandemic. Other than that I’m just looking forward to getting back out on a Monster.
I’ll be dealing with the DOC renewals for 2022 shortly.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 03:35 PM   #4
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

It certainly was a Herculean effort by Mike and the North-West guys and gals. You could even say that Buzzbomb put his all into the first one.
I know they will be celebrating tonight and I will raise my glass to them all for two smashing and memorable weekenders for the price of five or however many it was that got kyboshed by greater evil forces.

Looking bleak for a 2022 weekender then?

Hope you manage to get your leg over again in 2022 Rob.. It's been too long mate!
Old 12-12-2021, 06:39 AM   #5
Moco1961

Morning all,
Firstly thanks for the kind words ,it is a team effort to get a Weekender together we have all enjoyed it……even with the challenges put in front of us. Eg putting the finishing touches to the trophies at the venue eh Gazza .

We are a national club so I anticipated folk would want the event to be in another region next time ? We have a great team up here but is it not time to pass the baton on?

At last nights Christmas meal, discussion inevitably took place on the subject , first consensus was that it would be a shame if there was no weekender. Second was that we would go again but only if the Ukmoc wanted us to.

So potential attendees have got to consider:

A) where do we want the weekender to be ?

B) is there another region or group who would like to organise?

Let’s get the discussion started.
Old 01-01-2022, 09:49 AM   #6
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

A very happy new year to all and best wishes for 2022.

I started this thread to see if there was any enthusiasm for events in the coming season.
Obviously folk are nervous about fixing a date for anything, but the thread is an awful lot quieter than I expected, more worrying are the tumbleweeds on the grapevine!

I get the impression that the weekender is not going to happen this year with the baton clattering to floor after Mike's valiant efforts.

This is a serious question to anyone out there with an inkling of inclination to host the event.. UKMOC needs you.

I know that the "active few" are thinking along the lines of interesting national weekend events as an alternative to the weekender, having resigned to the absence of a proper weekender this year!

Probably a really good time to ask yourself not what can UKMOC do for me? But what can I do for UKMOC?

Let's all have a good hard think about it..

Old 01-01-2022, 10:18 AM   #7
hh93

Bike: M620ie
I really enjoyed the meet up at East Kirkby - even though I didn't actually say Hi to any of the members ! I went there because there was a UKMOC gathering advertised, so I'd like to do a few more of those.
Old 01-01-2022, 01:28 PM   #8
stopintime

Bike: S2r
The pandemy is certainly making it worse to make plans, but still possible.

People tend to sit and stare, waiting for an easy option, the quick fix - without risks. We're just like that.

In this situation you can only hope "the One" will come forward and start making decisions. Asking the public to get off of their a** is wishful thinking - not happening, never has. Once the leader leads, people will sign up.

Change the title to reflect what's going on?

Set a date. Set it in stone. If you must - change it later, but be firm from day 1. Tell everyone that the venue will be announced soon - not that it's difficult to find.

Lots of FHE behind my advice. Sorry for the besser-wisser-ing.
stopintime is offline   Reply With Quote